IT Technician - Bellville
IT Dept | Bellville, TX
Western International Gas & Cylinders Inc., one of the strongest and fastest growing companies in the industrial gas industry, is currently seeking a qualified IT Technician at our corporate headquarters in Bellville, Texas. This position is responsible for providing DeskTop support services to company PC users. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate.
- Provide friendly, courteous, and quality support for desktop hardware, software, network, email and other standard desktop applications, and printing issues to all clients.
- Analyze problems reported and provide solutions to issues.
- Maintain a record of all call resolutions in incident ticket tracking software.
- Provide support to both local and remote clients.
- Install and support various systems and computers at remote locations.
- Stays current on operating systems issues to include, OS patches, fixes and upgrades.
- Makes recommendations for desktop hardware and software upgrades.
- Insures standardization and compatibility of desktop technologies company-wide.
- Provide Network and Infrastructure assistance when needed under supervision
- 4-5 Years Experience in Desktop Support with Systems Admonition experience a plus but not required
- High level of technical skills in support of Windows XP and Windows 7 operating systems
- High level of technical skills in troubleshooting OS, network, and application issues
- Willingness to work overtime as needed
- Willingness to work after hours on call as needed
- Has a working knowledge of network architecture, software and hardware.
- Has a working knowledge of Infrastructure systems and hardware
- Has the ability to successfully work with and communicate to business area personnel.
- Willingness to travel
- Self driven individual able to work with teams in remote locations