Engineering | Bellville, TX
Western International Gas & Cylinders Inc., one of the strongest and fastest growing companies in the industrial gas industry, is currently seeking a qualified Automation Engineer at our corporate headquarters in Bellville, Texas. This position is responsible for providing automation engineering services, production support, and consultation to all levels of management. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate.
Essential Functions and Objectives
- Strong communication skills required.
- Must be detail oriented, able to meet deadlines, and work well both independently and on a team.
- Develop and implement automation strategies, test plans, standards and processes
- Apply engineering theory and practices to optimize production processes.
- Experience leading large projects from conception through implementation.
- Work with other engineers, technical support staff, purchasing, and suppliers to ensure projects meet company specifications, deadlines, and within budget.
- Lead project reviews to address efficiency and cost reductions for our manufacturing process.
- Develop practices, standards, and operating procedures for Western facilities.
- Propose improvement practices related to production.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology
- Knowledge of automation system requirements and software design
- Implementation and Testing of automation systems
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with PLC programming/troubleshooting in automation/machine building.
- Experience with robotics and motion control
- Proven ability to program PLC’s, with a verifiable work history doing this work.
- Stable and committed work history.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge and experience with PFD’s, P&ID’s, and process control systems.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of analytical and problem solving skills.
- A past history of project management is a plus.