Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
Development | London, United Kingdom | Contract
We require an experienced Ruby on Rails developer to join our team to help us rewrite Theory Test Pro, a learn to drive web app. The current app has been written in Ruby on Rails 4.2 and needs to be rewritten in Ruby on Rails 6.0.
You must have:
- At least 3 years track record developing Ruby on Rails apps using 6.0
- Solid discipline using CI/CD and TDD
- Good experience working with MySQL
- Proficient working with HTML/CSS and familiarity with Bootstrap
- Experience working in a small dev team and receiving/contributing to code reviews
- Confidence to speak up and challenge the status quo
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Confident with git branching and merging and using Github.
- Happy working with plain Rails testing and development conventions and keeping it simple
You must be available full time and be able to work within the Pacific timezone. We expect the duration of this contract to be at least 8 weeks. We are only interested in working with individual freelancers and are unable to work with agencies.
Bonus: You would have an advantage over other candidates if you have experience of the following (tip: make sure you highlight clearly in your cover letter)
- Experience redeveloping existing apps using a strangler pattern.
- Experience with ReactJS