Software Engineer - Back End/Ruby
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Sr. Software Engineer – Back End/Ruby
About We Heart It
Looking for a rare opportunity to make a significant impact at an early-stage startup with more than 30 million members who turn to us for inspiration, self-expression and creativity? We Heart It is a fast growing image-based social network beloved by millions of users. Our iPhone app has more than 150,000 reviews on iTunes with an average rating of 5-stars. We have an open, curious, passionate, and positive culture that reflects our brand and our users. We’ve already achieved product / market fit and great traction, and we need you to help us scale our platform.
We are looking for a highly skilled software engineer to work on our backend services. We need your expertise in solving our biggest challenge of scaling our current platform beyond - ½ a million transactions per minute. You will be part of a small but growing team of engineers building out the next generation of our platform. We currently use tools such as Ruby on Rails, MySQL, RabbitMQ, Cassandra, Node.js, and Java in our stack to build these new services.
- You will be working with a small team in an agile environment of engineers to architect, design, develop and build our back-end infrastructure
- Stability, scalability and reliability are our focus
- Build systems and services that scale to meet ever increasing consumer demand
- Interact with mobile and web developers to ensure backend code is effectively meeting their needs
- 5+ years developing high traffic consumer internet site
- 2 + years Ruby
- Strong experience with relational databases and large data stores such as; Redis,Cassandra and ElasticSearch
- Strong experience developing product infrastructure and web services in Ruby
- Bachelors degree in computer science or equivalent experience
Apply with your resume, a cover letter and a link to your Github profile.