Social Media / Digital Strategist
Community | Boston, MA
Social Media Strategist
WEGO Health is a different kind of social media company – our mission is to empower the top contributors in health social media. We call these people Health Activists – they’re patients and caregivers who actively lead health communities online. Our business model involves fully transparent market research and social media promotion with these consumer opinion leaders on behalf of healthcare brands.
WEGO Health is headquartered in downtown Boston in the Leather District. We work hard, play hard, and believe in what we do.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Joining our leadership team to grow and engage our remarkable network of health social media power users. You’ll bring mad social media and marketing skills to the table, and you’ll always be looking for ways to optimize and evolve what we do. You’ll motivate passionate internal teams, find new contributors, and look for every path to connect our social presences. You’ll help our sponsor and recruitment teams to over-deliver, and you will help to power the patient-centric revolution.
THE DAY TO DAY:
- Roadmap the growth plan for our network, building on our patent-pending social CRM platform; build mountainous growth from a molehill budget
- Lay out can-do plans to execute the plan, and become a role model of blazing productivity
- Seek every possible opportunity to connect with our members for feedback, support and input on your work
- Identify resource needs and lead efforts to fill the gaps with new hires or freelancers
- Coach the entire team on productivity, accountability and organizational skills
- Develop nimble paths to take new ideas to executed programs in record time
- Roll up your sleeves – email a few hundred folks, tweet like a demon, test new social platforms on your friends and relatives
- Help lead our far-flung team as an enthusiastic leader of our Boston office
- Laugh, critique the current song playing, dive into a web conference, brainstorm, hold feet to fires, pat backs, pitch in, grab a glass or 3 of wine with the team
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years of online/digital marketing experience
- Strong communicator who can work with internal teams, external resources and passionate Health Activists
- Born entrepreneur and early adopter, always seeking new ideas and solutions
- Social media believer
- Low drama, high output role model for productivity with a smile
- Born leader who loves to find, motivate and grow young talent