Client Services Account Manager
Client Services | anywhere | Full Time
WEGO Health’s mission is to empower patient leaders to help others, to accelerate positive change in health and healthcare, and to lead the patient-centric revolution. While we’re driven and competitive, our commitment to our members gives our company a heart and soul unlike any other.
WEGO Health’s clients are life sciences companies, agencies, consultancies, startups and all types of organizations across healthcare. Our services include advisory boards, authentic content production, social media and influencer marketing – all driven by the passion of our 100,000-member patient leader network.
WEGO Health is a distributed company, with most of our team working from home all over the US. Our headquarters is in Boston.
Execute and help evolve our innovative sponsorship programs as a liaison between pharmaceutical/health companies and our network of online Patient Leaders in a fast-paced, always-changing role. Working with a team of experienced industry leaders, you will advise our healthcare clients, manage our programs and actively grow our business. You should be comfortable working in a start-up, work-from-home environment, and have the ability to think entrepreneurially. A strong account management background and a knowledge / interest in social media is key to succeeding in this role; direct knowledge of pharmaceutical consumer marketing is a strong plus.
Account Management & Revenue Growth
- Manage project plans and schedules, working with tech, community and product teams
- Execute all aspects of sponsor programs, working with our community team to find appropriate but effective ways to educate and engage
- Coordinate and participate in market research, community education, technical development and program tracking efforts
- Actively identify opportunities to grow our revenue with current client accounts, and lead new program proposals
- Drive our on-time, everyone’s-happy, under-promise / over-deliver approach
New Client Sales & Development
- Develop program proposals and participate in new sponsor sales meetings
- Brainstorm new program ideas to match our Network’s needs with sponsor goals
- Conduct web-based and in-person meetings
- Work directly with executive management in strengthening our sales offering
The ideal candidate will have:
- A talent for online and phone persuasion
- Relentless enthusiasm for our mission + energy and intellectual curiosity
- 2-3 years of account service experience, ideally at a digital agency or publisher
- At least 1 year in sales or agency new business
- A strong working knowledge of health; pharmaceutical marketing experience a plus
- Comfort with technology, tools and cool new stuff, bordering on geeky
- Good social skills online and in person – patience and wit are essential
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Ability to work in a do-it-yourself, all-hands-on-deck startup environment
- A great sense of humor
- Drive to execute, over-achieve, and over-earn
- Excellent presentation skills – comfortable presenting to a room full of clients
- Demonstrated ability to secure and manage a book of sales in excess of $1M
- Proficiency in creating PowerPoint presentations