Associate, Health Practice
Health | Washington, DC | Full Time
Associate, Health Practice
Who We Are:
Waxman Strategies is a progressive-minded public affairs firm led by former Congressman Henry Waxman, called “one of the most accomplished legislators of his or any era” by President Obama. Now out of Congress, Waxman heads the firm’s all-star team. Our work is primarily in the areas of health care, the environment, and technology, media and telecommunications.
Our health care team uses its deep policy knowledge and experience to provide policy and regulatory analysis, strategic counsel, and communications support to our diverse portfolio of clients. Our work spans the issues of drug pricing, women’s health, safety net providers, and others. A sampling of our health care clients includes Medicines360, Planned Parenthood Affiliates of California, William & Flora Hewlett Foundation, the Commonwealth Fund, and others.
What We Need:
We are looking for a talented Associate to provide research and administrative support to the team. This position is full-time and will work with all members of the Health Care team. The ideal candidate will combine an aptitude for research and analysis, strong communications ability, with nimbleness and an eagerness to get the job done.
As part of the Health Care team, you will learn about a wide range of health policy issues and gain foundational skills.
- Gather, review, analyze, and compile research to help support the health care team and our various clients;
- Track relevant regulation and legislation on a daily basis;
- Provide communications support to relevant health care projects;
- Provide administrative support to the health care team, including scheduling meetings, phone calls, and other administrative requests;
- Perform other duties as necessary to achieve the goals of Waxman Strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy, public health, government, political science, or other related fields;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Strong interest in learning about various health policy issues;
- Advanced MS Office skills;
- Ability to multi-task effectively without sacrifice to quality;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Flexibility, initiative, and a willingness to learn as issues arise.
Competitive and commensurate with experience
Waxman Strategies is an equal opportunity employer; we strictly prohibit discrimination against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression and any other characteristic protected by law.