VP of Infrastructure and Site Reliability
Engineering | New York, NY | Full Time
The VP of Infrastructure and Site Reliability leads and develops the technology teams that design, deliver, and maintain Watermark Insights product infrastructure and services. As a trusted partner of the business, this role collaborates seamlessly with peers in delivering highly available, scalable, cost effective, and responsive technology solutions. The VP of Infrastructure and Site Reliability reports to the Chief Technology Officer and is expected to add technical acumen and strategic vision to the technology organization.
- Review and revise operations processes including training, access, management of change, monitoring, and product release and support
- Measure desired service outcomes such as availability and response time
- Lead crisis, problem, and incident management processes and drive improvements
- Foster accountability across infrastructure and development teams by establishing standards, objectively measuring results, and transparently communicating results
- Develop team member skills and abilities
- Mentor team members from multiple product teams into a cohesive and high performing shared service team
- Build ownership for the quality of service delivered to customers
- Partner with product architects to deliver modern, highly available and scalable infrastructure to the business
- Drives architecture designs from an infrastructure perspective
- Lead the migration of on premises products into cloud hosting
- Guides the selection of IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS components as needed to accomplish business objectives
- BS degree in a technical field, MS or MBA desirable
- 10+ years experience leading teams of 40 or more, including subordinate managers
- 5 + years technical operations experience working with transactional websites and products
- 5+ years experience with major cloud hosting providers
- Two or more transitions from licensed to open source software
- A history or success through levels of increasing responsibility
- Proven ability to build collaborative relationships with peers
- Proven knowledge of modern technology architecture
- Ability to model and manage technology budgets, including executive presentations for strategic decisions
Watermark’s mission is to put better data into the hands of administrators, faculty, and students everywhere to empower them to connect information and gain insights into learning that will drive meaningful improvements. Through its innovative educational intelligence system, Watermark supports over 1,600 institutions around the world in developing an intentional approach to learning so that they can leverage data for a more holistic view of learning, faculty and staff impact, and institutional quality.
For more information on Watermark, visit www.watermarkinsights.com.
Watermark is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against an individual based on the individual's race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic or activity.