UX Research Intern
UI/UX | Austin, TX | Internship
As a UX Research Intern, you will help create an understanding of the users’ mental models by planning and conducting primary research, exploring the behavior and motivations of our users through methods like interviewing, ethnography, surveys, usability testing, field visits and data analysis. Your research findings and analysis will lead to actionable recommendations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with UX designers to examine existing data and product designs to generate hypotheses and plans for high-impact research
- Conduct and summarize primary research, exploring the motivations, processes, and behaviors of users related to current and future product initiatives
- Design and conduct user studies of next and existing features including arranging participants, test setup, and execution
- Summarize results of usability tests and generate recommendations based on findings
- Conduct oral, written and visual presentations about research findings to team members and stakeholders
- Currently enrolled in a degree or certificate program in a relevant field including but not limited to Design, Social Services, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, or Statistics
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience with web-based or software products
- Experience or coursework in qualitative research, survey design, and analysis
- Competitive Pay
- Health club discounts
- Fantastic office location and fun, collaborative work environment
Watermark’s mission is to put better data into the hands of administrators, educators, and learners everywhere in order to empower them to connect information and gain insights into learning which will drive meaningful improvements. Through its innovative educational intelligence platform, Watermark supports institutions in developing an intentional approach to learning and development based on data they can trust.
With nearly 50 years of combined experience and 300 employees supporting over 1,000 institutions across the globe, Watermark in the largest provider of assessment and educational intelligence software for higher ed worldwide. We build purposeful technology and partner with our clients to support an intentional strategy of engaging students in compelling learning experiences and backing institutions with the educational intelligence needed to improve institutional effectiveness, program quality, and student learning outcomes.
For more information on Watermark, visit www.watermarkinsights.com.
Watermark is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against an individual based on the individual's race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic or activity.