User Experience Architect (UX Architect)
Product Development | New York, NY | Full Time
The User Experience Architect will play a central role in guiding and developing the UX strategy for Watermark’s platforms and ensuring that it aligns with the company’s mission of empowering institutions with better data to improve learning. As a senior member of the UX team, the architect will tackle some of our toughest design challenges and clearly plan a path forward for building intuitive, easy-to-use, innovative solutions. As part of a collaborative, multidisciplinary product team, this individual will help set the vision for the end-to-end user experience and work actively to turn that vision into reality.
If you are a natural strategist, information synthesizer, and communicator...If your focus is UX, but you have a calling for other areas of product development…If you are familiar with Agile methodology and are passionate about resolving user pain points through great design...We want to hear from you!
- Bring user-centered design (UCD) process methods to digital solutions from concept to launch
- Develop meaningful, scalable, human-centered products that meet both user needs and business goals
- Understand the multiplicity of campus needs and help provide users with solutions that integrate seamlessly with their other systems and tools
- Inform design decisions with user insights, letting real people’s needs guide the best possible solutions
- Collaborate with product managers, developers, and other cross-functional team members to design best-in-class user experiences and information architecture
- Collaborate closely with product owners on backlog and strategic planning
- Translate user-research insight into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, and prototypes
- Define and execute a digital vision that is scalable and sustainable
Work closely with Development Architects to ensure software architecture supports users’ journeys today and in the future
- Support the design team in the creation and delivery of design solution documentation (user personas, experience maps, interactive//static wireframes, prototypes etc.) to support the design and execution of a range of products and services
- Explore business development opportunities (strategic projects with stakeholder exploration) and rapidly produce multiple concepts, sketches, and prototypes to show stakeholders what’s possible before we build
- Work with internal partners to brainstorm and create cross-product-area concepts
- Provide design process mentorship and training to junior team members as needed
- Master’s degree in HCI, Human Factors, Interaction Design, or a related discipline
- 5-10 years experience in UX design
- Online portfolio of recent UX work showcasing your skills
- Clear and confident communicator with an affinity for visual storytelling
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve complex user experience problems while balancing business and technological constraints
- Demonstrated ability to balance business input with product, development, and design team needs (ie: strategizing blue sky solutions that can be properly chunked down into releasable pieces)
- Proficiency in UX research, including planning, designing, and facilitating user sessions and client workshops, analyzing findings, and articulating results
- Demonstrated exceptional skills in ideation, wireframing, user flows, and information architecture
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and mentorship within a design team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications, principles, frameworks, and patterns
- Experience in EnterpriseUX, B2B, and SaaS is a great plus
- Competitive salary
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with match
- Commuter benefits
- Health club discounts
- Fantastic office location and fun, collaborative work environment
Watermark’s mission is to put better data into the hands of administrators, educators, and learners everywhere in order to empower them to connect information and gain insights into learning which will drive meaningful improvements. Through its innovative educational intelligence platform, Watermark supports institutions in developing an intentional approach to learning and development based on data they can trust.
With nearly 50 years of combined experience and 300 employees supporting over 1,000 institutions across the globe, Watermark in the largest provider of assessment and educational intelligence software for higher ed worldwide. We build purposeful technology and partner with our clients to support an intentional strategy of engaging students in compelling learning experiences and backing institutions with the educational intelligence needed to improve institutional effectiveness, program quality, and student learning outcomes.
For more information on Watermark, visit www.watermarkinsights.com.