Strategic Finance Manager
Finance | New York, NY | Full Time
Watermark is a high-growth SaaS provider of assessment software for higher education institutions worldwide. Watermark provides educational intelligence systems that help colleges and universities gain insights into student learning so that they can improve the quality of educational programs, assess institutional effectiveness, and streamline the accreditation process. Watermark supports over 1,600 higher education institutions, including the majority of the top 200 U.S. News & World Report colleges.
Watermark’s mission is to put better data into the hands of administrators, educators, and learners everywhere in order to empower them to connect information, gain insights, and drive meaningful improvements. Through its innovative educational intelligence platform, Watermark supports institutions in developing an intentional approach to learning and development based on data they can trust.
The Company is headquartered in New York City with over 400 employees worldwide.
Strategic Finance Manager
We have an excellent opportunity at an exciting SaaS technology company with offices in NYC and Austin. We are looking for a bright, driven, and strategic-minded candidate with strong intellectual curiosity and professionalism to join our Strategic Finance team. Reporting to the VP, Strategic Finance, this candidate will be responsible for forecasting, analysis, and reporting that will shape the strategic direction of the company and provide visibility to senior management, private equity investors, lenders, and the Board of Directors.
What You’ll Do:
- Prepare annual budget and forecasts across all functional areas of the business
- Develop, maintain and update key metrics and reporting for both financial and non-financial data to assist management with strategic decision making
- Assist in the design and ongoing evolution of Adaptive Insights to enhance reporting, forecasting, and analysis of the business
- Complete ad hoc analyses to drive enterprise value creation across the business
- Assist in the monthly reporting process and work with departmental leaders to review and analyze results
- Assist in the development and maintenance of in-depth cash flow forecasting models and propose solutions to optimize working capital
- 3-5 years of experience in FP&A, corporate finance, investment banking, financial strategy/operations, or a closely related field
- Excellent skills using Microsoft Excel for modeling and analysis
- Experience with systems planning and forecasting systems (Adaptive Insights experience preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance a plus
- Experience with SaaS business models and metrics a plus
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Abilities:
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, ability to communicate with all levels of staff and management
- Resourcefulness and perseverance to find and align data from multiple sources
- Proven ability to work on multiple engagements and manage rapidly changing priorities
- A collaborative approach to a team environment, ability to engage in cross-functional collaboration
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
Why You Should Work at Watermark:
Watermark offers a generous FTO (flexible time off) policy, matching 401(k), commuter benefits & health insurance programs. We encourage work-life balance through team building activities, employee outings, and celebratory events. Watermark offers a great work environment and the opportunity to make an impact through its education intelligence mission and employee volunteer opportunities.