Sr. User Experience Designer ( Sr. UX Designer)
Product Development | Milwaukee, WI | Full Time
The Sr. User Experience Designer will play a central role in developing the UX design of Watermark’s platforms, which align to the company’s mission of empowering institutions with better data to improve learning. As a member of the UX team, the designer will clearly plan a path forward for building intuitive, easy-to-use, innovative solutions. As part of a collaborative, multidisciplinary product team, you’ll help set the vision for the end-to-end user experience and work hands-on to turn that vision into reality.
- Use a variety of user research and exemplar review techniques to explore and analyze user problems and develop possible solutions
- Work closely with UX Architect to identify opportunities for short and long-term UX experience strategies and tactics
- Work in a closely collaborative team environment to design the complete user experience including the user workflow, information architecture, content, and other aspects; including attending team design critiques and regular meetings
- Validate that workflows are easy to use and meet end-user needs by collecting feedback from end users through formal and informal usability testing techniques
- Work closely with visual designers to incorporate the branded UI style and patterns into designs
- Effectively document and communicate the expected design and user experience through sketches, flow charts, wireframes, interactive prototypes, storyboards, journey maps, and other UX artifacts.
- Demonstrate a solid user-centered focus and domain knowledge to balance the often conflicting needs of diverse user groups within the education industry and ensure a consistent, user-centered experience in all design work
- Effectively collaborate with product managers, software developers, clients, and other subject matter experts throughout the product lifecycle
- Contribute to and help maintain the company’s product style guides and pattern libraries
- Provide leadership within the design team by owning high stakes processes and improvement initiatives as assigned
- Serve as a mentor to junior designers in design approaches, and communication, collaboration
- Cultivate an ongoing educational approach to staying up to date on best practices and trends in the field of user experience
- Provide design process and other training to junior team members as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in HCI, Human Factors, Design, or a related discipline. (Master’s preferred) or equivalent practical experience
- 3 - 5 years experience in UX design
- Online portfolio of recent UX work showcasing design skills
- Demonstrated ability to mentor others
- Demonstrated ability to contribute meaningful improvements within a design team
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite and an industry standard wireframing tool (Axure preferred)
- Sound knowledge of web and mobile technologies, including familiarity HTML, CSS and other modern front-end languages
- Strong iteration abilities, including proficiency with Agile software development
- Demonstrated understanding of web accessibility, and how to design accessible applications for web and mobile environments
- Demonstrated ability to offer design and collaboration critique that is reflective of past experience
- Demonstrated strong ability to work with multidisciplinary teams
- Strong time management and prioritization skills with the ability to produce flawless work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Competitive salary
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with match
- Commuter benefits
- Health club discounts
- Fantastic office location and fun, collaborative work environment
Watermark’s mission is to put better data into the hands of administrators, educators, and learners everywhere in order to empower them to connect information and gain insights into learning which will drive meaningful improvements. Through its innovative educational intelligence platform, Watermark supports institutions in developing an intentional approach to learning and development based on data they can trust.
With nearly 50 years of combined experience and 300 employees supporting over 1,000 institutions across the globe, Watermark in the largest provider of assessment and educational intelligence software for higher ed worldwide. We build purposeful technology and partner with our clients to support an intentional strategy of engaging students in compelling learning experiences and backing institutions with the educational intelligence needed to improve institutional effectiveness, program quality, and student learning outcomes.
For more information on Watermark, visit www.watermarkinsights.com.
Watermark is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against an individual based on the individual's race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic or activity.