Senior Software Engineer
Technology Operations | New York, NY | Full Time
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Module Foundation team, you’ll work closely with the product organization to gather requirements and oversee the design of modules within the core platform. You will work heavily with Elixir / Phoenix, while closely working with remote teams to communicate design choices and mentor remote developers accordingly. This individual will also work in conjunction with the Core Platform team to synchronize module development with the evolving platform.
- 3+ years of server side web application development
- Strong understanding of design patterns (and anti-patterns)
- Extensive experience with relational databases (MSSQL, postgres, mysql, etc.)
- Proven success of integration between at least 2 systems.
- Experience developing backend services and JSON APIs to power web applications
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Good to Have:
- Elixir or Erlang experience and Knowledge of OTP
- Experience with at least one functional language (Haskell, OCaml, F#, Scala, Clojure, etc)
- Understanding of Distributed Systems, Messaging, Fault Tolerance and HA
- Experience incorporating TDD effectively
- Open source contributions
- Experience working with a remote team
- Domain Driven Design experience
- Competitive salary
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with match
- Commuter benefits
- Health club discounts
- Fantastic office location and fun, collaborative work environment
Watermark’s mission is to put better data into the hands of administrators, faculty, and students everywhere to empower them to connect information and gain insights into learning that will drive meaningful improvements. Through its innovative educational intelligence system, Watermark supports over 1,600 institutions around the world in developing an intentional approach to learning so that they can leverage data for a more holistic view of learning, faculty and staff impact, and institutional quality.
For more information on Watermark, visit www.watermarkinsights.com.
Watermark is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against an individual based on the individual's race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic or activity.