Technology Operations | New York, NY | Full Time
Watermark is looking for a senior systems security engineer/architect experienced in the security design of complex enterprise environments. The job also involves incident prevention and response. The ideal candidate should feel comfortable working alone as well as in a team environment. Watermark is in a rapidly growing and is acquiring best in breed point solution companies in the Higher Education Solution space, each one of which will require appropriate security analysis by the Security Engineer.
The Senior Security Engineer/Architect will focus on a myriad of critical security aspects of corporate and collocated networks and all hosts contained within. Ability to perform systems security or vulnerability analysis and design is a must.
- Ability to develop technical solutions and use existing tools to help discover and mitigate security vulnerabilities.
- Review security vulnerabilities and determine what modifications are needed to minimize risk to the organization via enhancements to the existing environment.
- Assist in developing test plans, test the products, make recommendations and assist in developing the architecture and implementation plan for approved solutions.
- Coordinate with ongoing development efforts to ensure security of the core infrastructure without compromising performance and flexibility.
- Fostering a culture of security consciousness across various teams.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive set of security benchmarks and guidelines that are readily adoptable by system and network administrators and software engineers.
- Perform penetration testing and provide remediation recommendations.
- A track record of building collaborative relationships with stakeholders across many functions.
- Must be a team player with proven success on achieving aggressive deadlines
- Experience in software development.
- Experience in design and implementation of application security standards.
- Prior experience working in heterogenous platforms.
- Deep understanding of network protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, ARP.
- Solid understanding of PAM, LDAP, RADIUS and other mechanisms for system account management.
- Familiar with security frameworks such as COBIT or ITIL.
- Solid understanding of OWASP principles.
- Conversant understanding of cryptography (Diffie-Helman, TLS, ECC, etc)
- Demonstrated leadership in all aspects of computer security.
- Experience in design and implementation of firewalls, DNS, IDS/IPS, anti-virus, content filtering, data loss prevention, endpoint security, email security, network vulnerability scanning, incident management, and disk encryption technologies.
- Excellent communication skills, creative problem solving, and strong passion is a must
- Passion for system architecture with a primary focus on security aspects
- Fundamental understanding of security best practices.
- Competitive salary with base + commission structure
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with match
- Commuter benefits
- Health club discounts
- Fantastic office location and fun, collaborative work environment
Watermark’s mission is to put better data into the hands of administrators, educators, and learners everywhere in order to empower them to connect information and gain insights into learning which will drive meaningful improvements. Through its innovative educational intelligence platform, Watermark supports institutions in developing an intentional approach to learning and development based on data they can trust.
With nearly 50 years of combined experience and 300 employees supporting over 1,000 institutions across the globe, Watermark in the largest provider of assessment and educational intelligence software for higher ed worldwide. We build purposeful technology and partner with our clients to support an intentional strategy of engaging students in compelling learning experiences and backing institutions with the educational intelligence needed to improve institutional effectiveness, program quality, and student learning outcomes.
For more information on Watermark, visit www.watermarkinsights.com.