UI/UX | Austin, TX | Full Time
As a Product Designer, you are an integral part of our product team, tackling complex problems through the practice of human-centered design. Designers work to identify and account for often conflicting needs of diverse user groups within higher education, embracing the challenges of product innovation.
We’re looking for designers who provide frequent and clear communication, possess a self-driven work ethic, and thrive in a collaborative environment where your teammates' critiques are essential to your iterative process.
How you’ll lead:
- Define user needs by leading/supporting research initiatives (such as interviews, focus groups, and client collaboration sessions) to create informed hypotheses that drive product direction alongside Product Managers.
- Effectively design solutions that balance user, product, and company goals at all levels of fidelity, including: user flows, sketches, wireframes, prototypes, and visual designs leveraging and contributing to the Watermark Design System.
- Create informed design iterations, validating your work with data and real users.
- Incorporate feedback from team-wide critiques, shares impactful, constructive feedback for others.
- Design accessible and responsive solutions in order to deliver inclusive experiences for all users.
- Communicate effectively with product owners and engineers to ensure accurate implementation of user experience designs.
- Solve for edge-cases and make meaningful improvements to existing product experiences.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in HCI, Human Factors, Design, or a related discipline or 4+ years equivalent practical experience
3 years working in a UX, IxD, product design or closely related role
Fluency in exploratory research and usability studies; Ability to synthesize behavioral information into actionable insights
Strong conceptualization and visual communication skills; Ability to distill abstract concepts into concrete design implications
Proficiency in information architecture, multi-step flows, and interaction design
Proficient knowledge of visual design principles
Ability to produce high-fidelity interface designs using modern design tools
Experience working within a design system, pattern library, or style guide
Experience designing fully-responsive web applications and familiarity with browser technologies, including HTML, CSS and other modern front-end languages
Demonstrated understanding of web accessibility, and how to design accessible applications
Demonstrated ability to work in an Agile environment
Strong time management and prioritization skills
Watermark’s mission is to put better data into the hands of administrators, faculty, and students everywhere to empower them to connect information and gain insights into learning that will drive meaningful improvements. Through its innovative educational intelligence system, Watermark supports over 1,600 institutions around the world in developing an intentional approach to learning so that they can leverage data for a more holistic view of learning, faculty and staff impact, and institutional quality.
For more information on Watermark, visit www.watermarkinsights.com.
Watermark is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against an individual based on the individual's race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic or activity.