Front End Software Engineer
Engineering | Milwaukee, WI | Full Time
The Front End Software Engineer will design, implement, test, and support high quality software in a collaborative work environment, leveraging continuous integration and delivery practices.
Measures of Success
- Health of project teams
- Quality of code
- Contributions to team
- Analysis: The software engineer displays the ability to collect and evaluate information with creativity and critical thinking to solve problems, make decisions, and communicate solutions.
- Collaboration: The software engineer interacts with peers and cross team members to identify individual and collective solutions, agree on a plan of action, resolve issues, and arrive at results that serve mutual interests.
- Execution: The software engineer delivers a completed work product in a timely and efficient manner, avoiding unexpected diversions, with predictable and expected results.
- Technical Research: The software engineer shows intellectual curiosity by investing time and energy in technical skill and knowledge growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, implement, test, and support robust front end software solutions with AJAX and JSON
- Implement using best practices and standards for all web presentation layer development
- Strategically address technical debt
- Collaborate with other Software Engineers through peer reviews, pair programming, and mentoring
- Collaborate with Software Architects to understand and advise on architectural and design requirements
- Assist Quality Assurance Engineers with the creation and maintenance of automated acceptance tests
- Other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Extensive experience building front end software solutions using object-oriented, functional, and event-driven design
- Extensive experience designing secure, scalable, and highly available web applications
- Experience in developing single-page applications using techniques including consuming JSON-based RESTful APIs
- Experience in building front end software solutions using clean code best practices and test-driven development
- Experience in web page optimization for fast page load times
- Experience with accessibility guidelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, related field, or equivalent experience
- Five or more years of professional experience building dynamic front end software solutions
Watermark’s mission is to put better data into the hands of administrators, faculty, and students everywhere to empower them to connect information and gain insights into learning that will drive meaningful improvements. Through its innovative educational intelligence system, Watermark supports over 1,600 institutions around the world in developing an intentional approach to learning so that they can leverage data for a more holistic view of learning, faculty and staff impact, and institutional quality.
For more information on Watermark, visit www.watermarkinsights.com.