Development Operations Engineer
Technology Operations | New York, NY | Full Time
The Development Operations (DevOps) Engineer will work as part of the Infrastructure Engineering team supporting various applications in the office and our three data center locations. The DevOps Engineer's responsibilities include but are not limited to: automation, build, package, dependency management, deployment, tools and monitoring, and system topology design input.
Technology we use:
Deployment/Automation: Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Puppet, VMWare, Gitlab-CI, Octopus Deploy
Programming Languages: Shell scripting, Powershell, NodeJS
Databases: MSSQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, MySQL
Monitoring/Logging: Nagios XI, Nagios Network Analyzer, ELK Stack
- Write scripts to automate the provisioning and maintenance of systems in a distributed, virtualized infrastructure
- Work in an agile development environment, collaborating with Application Development and Architecture teams to implement and evolve solutions for a wide array of challenging projects
- Develop solutions for technology, process, people, and practices for build and release management, application lifecycle changes, operation service delivery and support using the technologies mentioned above
- Take an active role in developing the long-range technical infrastructure and architecture plans
- Experiment with new technologies to optimize the reliability and performance of our software and hardware infrastructure
- Design and implement proactive monitoring to ensure health, performance, reliability, and security of our production and staging environments
- Plan automated backups and disaster recovery/failover configurations
- Troubleshoot and debug web and application servers for system and application issues
- Produce high quality installation and configuration documents
Watermark’s mission is to put better data into the hands of administrators, educators, and learners everywhere in order to empower them to connect information and gain insights into learning which will drive meaningful improvements. Through its innovative educational intelligence platform, Watermark supports institutions in developing an intentional approach to learning and development based on data they can trust.
With nearly 50 years of combined experience and 300 employees supporting over 1,000 institutions across the globe, Watermark in the largest provider of assessment and educational intelligence software for higher ed worldwide. We build purposeful technology and partner with our clients to support an intentional strategy of engaging students in compelling learning experiences and backing institutions with the educational intelligence needed to improve institutional effectiveness, program quality, and student learning outcomes.
For more information on Watermark, visit www.watermarkinsights.com.