Business Development Consultant
Sales | Austin, TX | Full Time
Watermark is recruiting top Business Development professionals to take the organization to the next level. We invest heavily in employee development training and sales resources and provide opportunities for career progression into sales, customer success, support, and implementation. The business development consultant (BDC) is a strategic member of the sales team who is responsible for identifying and nurturing new sales opportunities. Their goal is to uncover qualified sales opportunities where Watermark has a strong chance of winning the business. This is a challenging, exciting role that will test your sales skills, strategic thinking capabilities, and ability to remain focused and follow-through on plans. You won’t be alone; we will provide the tools, raw data, training, coaching, and people resources to help you be successful.
If you have a strong work ethic, “want to win” attitude, and a track record of achievement this is the position for you!
- Create and uncover sales opportunities in both new and existing customer accounts through well-planned demand generation efforts.
- Identify a customer’s business needs and articulate how Watermark’s solutions can address those needs
- Collaborate with the rest of the sales team on account strategy, demand generation activities, execution plans and results
- Make extensive use of outbound calling and web tools to generate customer interest, provide a targeted value proposition
- Develop and organize in-depth territory and account knowledge including contact information, current product ownership, current and future technology plans and targeted areas of opportunity
BS or BA degree (Minimum GPA of 3.0), MBA a plus. Strong business acumen.
Excited about selling, negotiating, winning deals. Resilient and doesn’t mind hearing “no”
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Confident, driven, self-starter with strong organizational skills
Entrepreneurial spirit, likes to try new things, doesn’t like to wait for guidance
Comfortable in a metrics-driven organization
Proficient in Office suite products
- Competitive salary with base + commission structure
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with match
- Commuter benefits
- Health club discounts
- Fantastic office location and fun, collaborative work environment
Watermark’s mission is to put better data into the hands of administrators, faculty, and students everywhere to empower them to connect information and gain insights into learning that will drive meaningful improvements. Through its innovative educational intelligence system, Watermark supports over 1,600 institutions around the world in developing an intentional approach to learning so that they can leverage data for a more holistic view of learning, faculty and staff impact, and institutional quality.
For more information on Watermark, visit www.watermarkinsights.com.
Watermark is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against an individual based on the individual's race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic or activity.