Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis
Finance | New York, NY | Full Time
We have an excellent opportunity for a candidate who seeks to further his/her career in corporate finance at an exciting SaaS, technology company with offices in NYC, Austin, and Milwaukee. We are looking for a bright, driven and strategic-minded candidate with strong intellectual curiosity and professionalism to join our Finance and Strategy team. Reporting to the CFO, this candidate will be responsible for forecasting, consolidation and reporting of financial data to provide visibility and analytics to senior management, our private equity investors and lenders, and the Board of Directors.
What You’ll Do:
- Prepare consolidated annual budget and periodic business reforecasts, in addition to partnering with functional business leaders to develop department-level budgets/forecasts and analyses
- Work directly with the sales organizations to develop annual sales budget and forecasts, and identify key trends and metrics to inform senior management about resource allocation and investment
- Take a proactive approach to defining metrics, reports, and dashboards to assist senior management with decision making
- Assist in the design of planning and budgeting software tool Adaptive Insights to enhance reporting and forecasting
- Develop, maintain and update daily and monthly key metrics for both financial and non-financial data
- Develop a concise monthly reporting process to work with departmental leaders to review and analyze monthly results
- Develop in-depth cash flow forecasting models with ability to track on a weekly basis and propose solutions to optimize working capital
- Coordinate and align deliverables for senior management and Board of Directors audience
- In coordination with HR, maintain accurate and timely headcount metrics for reporting
- Assist the Controller in the preparation of audit and financial reporting sub-schedules and analysis
- Assist in the analysis of deferred revenue and revenue forecasting.
- Complete ad hoc analyses and strategic projects as required by management and Board of Directors
- Background in Corporate Finance, with 5-7 years of experience in Financial Planning and Analysis, specifically supporting functional budget/forecasts and consolidation of financial data
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance, MBA a plus
- Experience with various systems planning and forecasting systems, with Adaptive Insights experience preferred
- Established skills using Microsoft Excel for modeling and analysis
Preferred Skills, Experience and Abilities:
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, ability to communicate with all levels of staff and management
- Resourcefulness and perseverance to find data from multiple sources
- Proven ability to work on multiple engagements and manage rapidly changing priorities
- Collaborative approach to team environment, ability to engage in cross-functional collaboration
- High-level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance
Fantastic office location in Flatiron and fun, collaborative work environment
401(k) with match
Work-Life balance through team-building activities
Employee outings & celebratory events
Watermark’s mission is to put better data into the hands of administrators, faculty, and students everywhere to empower them to connect information and gain insights into learning that will drive meaningful improvements. Through its innovative educational intelligence system, Watermark supports over 1,600 institutions around the world in developing an intentional approach to learning so that they can leverage data for a more holistic view of learning, faculty and staff impact, and institutional quality.
The Company is headquartered in New York City with over 400 employees worldwide.
For more information on Watermark, visit www.watermarkinsights.com.
Watermark is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against an individual based on the individual's race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic or activity.