Account Executive (WI)
Sales | Milwaukee, WI | Full Time
The Account Executive is the primary representative for Watermark within a multi-state region. The role is focused on understanding and solving the complex challenges of Watermark's many partner institutions and prospects, while driving revenue growth within the region. The chosen candidate will develop and execute a regional growth plan based on monthly, quarterly, and annual growth targets established by Management. Candidates must be able to work closely with administrators and faculty from institutions of higher education, including four-year colleges (public and private), community colleges, and online educational clients.
The Account Executive position reports to the VP of Sales.
- Represent the company as the Watermark solution expert in the sales process
- Develop and execute an effective regional sales plan to achieve sales goals
- Deliver consistent sales results against monthly/quarterly/annual sales goals
- Effectively prospect and generate new customer leads
- Develop a long-term view of institutions' strategic objectives and business models and how Watermark’s solutions support their goals and objectives
- Seek out and deliver on opportunities to grow existing business within a client instiution
- Create and deliver customer-specific presentations and demonstrations, answer technical questionnaires, and define pilots/proof of concepts
- Represent Watermark at trade-shows and conferences
- Conduct consultative product demonstrations for higher education faculty and administration
- Collaborate with key business stakeholders to develop high-quality RFI and RFP responses
- Build and nurture strong client relationships
- Exercise excellent judgment in qualifying and prioritizing prospects
- Map and align Watermark’s functional solutions to prospects' needs
- Lead Watermark trainings for faculty and administrators on campus
- Communicate prospects' requirements and needs to the Product team
- Minimum 3-5 years B2B sales experience
- Outside sales experience preferred but not required. Candidates with inside sales experience will be considered but must be ready to accept the challenge of face-to-face selling.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong customer relationships
- Proven track record in new sales (within educational technology or SaaS preferred)
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- High level of integrity
- In-depth understanding of the higher education assessment market is a plus
- Travel required – estimated at 50% (client visits, industry events, company meetings)
- Competitive salary with base + commission structure
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with match
- Commuter benefits
- Health club discounts
- Fantastic office location and fun, collaborative work environment
Watermark’s mission is to put better data into the hands of administrators, faculty, and students everywhere to empower them to connect information and gain insights into learning that will drive meaningful improvements. Through its innovative educational intelligence system, Watermark supports over 1,600 institutions around the world in developing an intentional approach to learning so that they can leverage data for a more holistic view of learning, faculty and staff impact, and institutional quality.
For more information on Watermark, visit www.watermarkinsights.com.
Watermark is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against an individual based on the individual's race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic or activity.