Engineering | San Francisco, CA
Vungle is a cutting edge in-mobile video advertising network. Globally, we provide advertisers and publishers a way to solve the greatest challenge in mobile: monetizing their applications. We have been growing rapidly since our product was released in June 2012, gaining traction with brands, agencies and app developers alike. Vungle is backed by the best investors in Silicon Valley such as Google Venture, AOL Venture & 500 Startups, etc.
Since launching, Vungle has been aiming to power the in-application mobile video advertising ecosystem by helping developers win valuable new users, brands to deliver impactful advertising messages, and publishers to earn sustained increased revenue across their content.
Engineering at Vungle:
Vungle is looking for a Software Engineering Manager to lead the engineering team developing our market leading mobile video ad platform. You will be responsible for ensuring our technology stack and architecture continue to scale and for leading and mentoring a team of 5 -7 engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of innovative services fulfilling complex business requirements across many use cases.
You are a hands on coder, will have an established background in managing large-scale, high-throughput systems, have a strong technical background, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve the right results in a fast-paced environment. You are passionate about simple and elegant software solutions, customer-centric products, and utilize agile software development processes. You are a results-oriented, customer-focused software engineering manager who gets excited about solving classes of problems and turns use case stories into simple and easy tasks built upon your platform. You will work with senior management, industry experts, and product managers, to help define the business requirements to expand, maintain and launch new high quality products.
- Manage the day to day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Be a hands-on coder and spend up to 80% of your time on feature development
- Management of resources, recruiting, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best in class engineering team.
- Identity, define and work with product management to drive the long term product strategy.
- Translate long-term product roadmap into a development plan with clear milestones
- Partner closely and seamlessly with existing executive team to provide predictability and transparency into the development process
- Ensure the technology stack scales to support business growth and lead QA automation and efficiency improvements to enhance software quality
- Bachelor's Degree in CS / Engineering
- Strong technical credentials, with at least 5 years’ experience managing software development teams, with hands-on architectural or distributed systems experience.
- A strong desire to mentor and develop individual contributors.
- Should have strong experience managing agile development teams
- You have worked at a startup and / or significant growth environment before
- Highly process oriented and organized with a collaborative working style
- Strong cross-functional communication skills; able to translate complex requirements into high level summaries
- Passion: Energy and enthusiasm for the job and task at hand
Bring your dog to work
Laugh and have fun with a company full of cool people making crazy things happen
Play Games and Sports
Invent things with our 3D printer in our hacker space
Expenses paid such as gym, transportation, phone, etc.
Great Health Care
Work for a startup that is actually making money and building the next generation advertising platform!!!