Temporary Outreach Worker - (Boyle Heights Outreach)
Adult Services | Los Angeles, CA | Temp to Perm
******Temporary for 2 Months Covering a leave - Possible Permanent Opportunity******
VOA – LA - Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOA - LA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide street Outreach and a trauma-informed case management approach and referral services to runaways and homeless youth (RHY) and victims of child sexual abuse/domestic sex trafficking (CSE/DST)
- Conduct comprehensive screenings and assessments to collect functional, environmental, psycho-social, financial, employment, housing, educational, and health information appropriate to develop a case plan
- Provide service linkages and support systems to ensure identified needs are met
- Follow up with participants and tracks progress; may conduct home and field visits
- Coordinate and facilitate move-in activities, rental negotiations, and service referrals, as required
- Document and maintain up-to-date information on services provided and funds spent in hard copy logs and in database
- Provide crisis intervention, if needed
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working directly with cases in either sexual abuse, human trafficking, homelessness, at risk youth or a combination of the above.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Must be reliable and have the ability to multitask .
- Valid California driver's license and have reliable transportation.
- Ability and desire to work with people from various backgrounds.
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.