Start Up Program Specialist II
Corporate | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time | From $68,875.00 to $72,500.00 per year
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
The primary assistant to the Start-Up Program Manager, the Start-Up Program Specialist II provides oversight and support to assigned startup and/or closeout projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with and support the Start-Up Program Manager and staff on new program start up and program closure needs:
- Assist in developing a start-up plan for each program opening, oversee implementation
- Provide coordination and track progress of efforts among various departments involved in program implementation, including: Program, HR, IT, Facilities, and Accounting
- Provide ongoing review of implementation processes to help ensure efficient and effective start-up of new programs
- Other duties, as assigned
- Act as liaison between internal and external stakeholders:
- Work with Start Up Program Manager to maintain open lines of communication between program staff, internal departments, and funders
- Ensure communications, keeping the relevant staff informed about upcoming deadlines and deliverables, as well as updates and requests from funders
- Attending meetings, internal and external
- Data Management
- Maintain and track award documentation, including RFPs, proposals, contracts, supporting documents and required forms in tracking documents – trackers.
- Monitor start-up requirements and ensure deadlines are met
- Provide reports and complete special projects, as assigned
- Work with program and administrative staff to facilitate success of grant/contractual obligations for start-up and closures;
- Conduct regular site visits, working from a checklist to ensure compliance with grant/contractual obligations, health and safety regulations, documentation and record-keeping standards, health and safety regulations, documentation and record-keeping standards;
- Assist on- going review of start-up systems to ensure efficient start-up.
- Other tasks as may be directed
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Services, Business, or related field or a combination of related education and experience.
- 3 years’ experience in a social services organization supporting grant/contract development.
- Knowledge of the VOALA’s target populations and evidence-based treatment services
- Knowledge of nonprofit operations and services.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office suite, including: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Proficient in Database Management.
- Proficient in Data Mining and internet-based searches.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work collaboratively and in a team-oriented environment
- Comfortable working as a generalist in the context of the VOALA’s start-up needs and priorities
- Ability to work independently and prioritize duties; must work well under pressure, balance multiple and competing demands, meet deadlines, and follow tasks through to completion
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a strong customer service orientation, and desire to work in a collegial, team-oriented environment
- Excellent written and verbal English language communication skills – demonstrated writing and analytical skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, follow-through, accuracy and high degree of organization
- Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information
- Strong project management skills
- Proven ability to work with diverse internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, with or without reasonable accommodation, including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Positive mindset
- Problem solver
VOALA BENEFITS SUMMARY:
- Choice of 3 medical insurance plans
- Choice of 2 dental insurance plans (one plan for employee only; has no premium)
- Vision insurance plan
- Voluntary Supplemental Coverage
- Accidental Injury Coverage
- Hospital Care Coverage
- Critical Illness Coverage
- Pet Insurance
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- 10 company paid holidays
- Company funded 401a retirement pension plan
- Optional employee contribution to 403b retirement savings plan
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Programs to maintain your health and well-being
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) – (No cost to employee and 100% confidential)
- Company funded Short-term Disability Insurance (STDI) Insurance
- Company funded Long-term Disability Insurance (LTD)
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify as required by the federal government and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.