Sourcing Recruiter (As -Needed)
Human Resources | Los Angeles, CA | Part Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
The sourcing recruiter will work closely with Senior Director, Recruiter Lead, and Designed Program leaders for proactive, volume sourcing for qualified job candidates for identified hard-to-fill positions to consistently fill candidate pools. This role requires project management and recruiting/ sourcing experience to meet client satisfaction goals.
- Recruits for identified positions using state-of-the art sourcing and recruiting sources and methods including but not limited to job boards, referrals, recruiter networks, social media, recruiting database, job fairs, corporate alumni associations, direct calls etc.
- Works within predefined recruitment processes while monitoring that process to identify, recommend areas, improve and to ensure best practices at all times
- Uses detailed screening and selection criteria to identify qualified candidates and to determine the relevant strength of the candidates in the pool
- Actively manages requisitions and job postings for identified positions
- Identify and implement new methods with the approach of sourcing of candidates and generating new leads
- Recommends strategies for VOALA program managers to find additional candidates, including specialty job fairs, etc.
- Expert in the ATS System
- Responsible to meet all key recruiting metrics for hard-to-fill identified positions
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or equivalent work experience in recruiting specializing in sourcing and sourcing strategies
- At least 4 years of full-cycle recruiting experience with strong interpersonal skills and building relationships and consulting with Hiring Managers for a wide range of positions across a variety of levels using a highly structured interview process
- At least 4 years of experience in computer skills including in-depth internet knowledge and proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ATS system, and job boards, social media, and other recruiting sources
- Ability to creatively source candidates for hard-to-fill positions and to adjust priorities according to meet business and recruiting needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including active listening, accountability, effective persuasion, flexibility, and a positive attitude
- High tolerance for continuously evolving needs and enthusiasm for continuous process improvement
- Highly organized with project management skills to manage the recruitment case load
- Results oriented
- JobScore (ATS) experience preferred