Social Digital Media Specialist
Corporate | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
Reporting to the COO, the Social/Digital Media Specialist designs and oversees the VOALA presence on all applicable social media platforms (both VOALA content and platforms, as well as Program specific content and platforms); supporting external communications through social media platforms such as: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Google+, Websites.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regular collaboration with corporate and program leadership to develop, update, and maintain overall strategy for online presence, including social media and websites
- Develops, implements and manages social media policies and procedures for the organization, including solicitation of content from program management and employees
- Create, edit and deliver accurate and polished digital content and information to support external communications across VOALA digital platforms, incorporating input from programs and corporate leadership
- Create and update VOALA web pages to promote and communicate programs, events, outreach and more
- Serves as an advocate for the organization in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate
- Provide excellent customer service by moderating online discussions
- Support the day-to-day engagement on all social media platforms
- Represents VOALA with vendors and other external parties; coordinates with internal technology staff as required
- Create reports to track key metrics for social media performance and web analytics
- Help develop and maintain relationships with Non-Profit and social advocacy influencers, stakeholders, the media and regulators via social media
- Other duties as required and is subject to change at any time
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- Bachelor's Degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing or a related field
- Minimum of 3 years working in social media marketing or as digital media specialist
- Minimum of 1 year with sole responsibility over a corporate social media presence
- Proven creativity and significant immersion in social media. (Give links to profiles as examples)
- Strong knowledge of social media applications
- Strong working technical understanding and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically: Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, or similar publishing platform
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent time management, organizational, business writing and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical skill set to support the reporting and analysis of data relating to web analytics
- Ability to be flexible to address unexpected changes
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, with or without reasonable accommodation, including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards
- Comfortable working with full spectrum of individuals from executives and board members, to program leaders and workers, on various projects
- Experience as the social media manager
- Marketing background
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.