Site Supervisor San Fernando Valley and Santa Clarita
Children Services – Head Start – Childcare | San Fernando Valley, CA | Full Time | From $27.51 to $29.63 per hour
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
HEAD START/EARLY HEAD START
Through our Head Start and Early Head Start programs, we work with children (ages 0 – 5) and their families to provide the skills, confidence and stable home life necessary for a smooth transition into kindergarten and beyond. Children also receive a broad array of health services including screenings and referrals, maintenance of immunization schedules, nutrition assessments and follow-ups, mental health assessments as part of initial screenings, and determination if any mental or physical delays are present. Children receive health and dental services and have access to ongoing and acute and routine health and dental care. Enrolled children receive healthy meals, along with an assessment of their nutritional needs and the necessary follow-ups. Nutrition education is available for parents and incorporated into daily classroom activities for the children.
Cities served include: Carson, Commerce, Compton, Culver City, Del Rey, East Los Angeles, El Segundo, Harbor City, Hawthorne, South Central Los Angeles, Lomita, Lynwood, Mar Vista, Newhall, North Hollywood, Pacoima, Palms, Paramount, Rancho Palos Verdes, San Fernando, San Pedro, Santa Clarita, Shadow Hills, South Central Los Angeles, South LA, Studio City, Sun Valley, Sunland, Sylmar, Torrance, Tujunga, Val Verde, Valencia, Valley Village, Wilmington.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
The Site Supervisor Works cooperaively with all staff members, provides supervision of teaching staff and helps promote a positive atmosphere in the school sites, actively embracing diversity and addressing any form of prejudice and promoting understanding of all cultures. Provide social and emotional climate which supports and builds teamwork and group pride, and constructively works through andy site conflicts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures implementation of the program curriculum for children enrolled in classes. Administers plans for individuals and group activities to stimulate learning and promote parent involvement in the children’s learning. Works cooperatively with Teacher(s), Assistant Teacher(s), and Family Advocate(s) to provide information and resources to enrolled families;
- Review end-of-the-month teacher paperwork for accuracy and to ensure timely submission of monthly paperwork and reports;
- Ensures that the curriculum plan implemented meets the needs of all children, families and staff;
- Integrates various Head Start services, such as parent involvement, social services, nutrition, health, disabilities, and mental health into daily program activities;
- Oversees the physical environment consistent with state and local licensing requirements and the health and safety needs of the children;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- BA in ECE/CD or closely related field.
- Child Development Permit
- Site Supervisor Child Development Permit (or in progress)
- 24 CD units of ECE/CD, plus 6 admin units and 2 adult supervision.
- 2 years of teaching experience.
- 1 years of supervisor experience.
- Child Development principles and theories.
- Proficient Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel. Familiarity with Database and report generation.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills,
- Able to set priorities, handle multiple tasks, meet established deadlines
- Problem solving skill, decision making, interpret data, detail oriented, accurate, analytical, organize, read/write;
- Proficient in understanding and communication of the spoken and written English language
- Ability to perform under circumstances of possible emotional stress and conflict, including dealing with un-cooperative clients.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, with or without reasonable accommodation, including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards
- Dependable, collaborative, have regular/dependable attendance, be prompt, positive mindset, flexible, organized
- Proof at the time of hire
- TB clearance within 6 months prior
- Annual Influenza vaccination (between Aug 1 – Dec 1)
- Pertussis (whooping cough) and measles immunization
- Health screening at the time of employment
- Requires ability to interact with children in a busy environment including, but not limited to:
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Frequently kneel and squat
- Ability to move quickly
- Management coursework.
- 4 years of teaching experience.
- Head Start performance standards.
- Creative curriculum.
- Licensing regulations.
- Bilingual English and Spanish (written and verbal).
VOALA BENEFITS SUMMARY:
- Choice of 3 medical insurance plans
- Choice of 2 dental insurance plans (one plan for employee only; has no premium)
- Vision insurance plan
- Voluntary Supplemental Coverage
- Accidental Injury Coverage
- Hospital Care Coverage
- Critical Illness Coverage
- Pet Insurance
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- 10 company paid holidays
- Company funded 401a retirement pension plan
- Optional employee contribution to 403b retirement savings plan
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Programs to maintain your health and well-being
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) – (No cost to employee and 100% confidential)
- Company funded Short-term Disability Insurance (STDI) Insurance
- Company funded Long-term Disability Insurance (LTD)
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify as required by the federal government and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.