Shelter Lead - (Pathways to Home)
Adult Services | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Pathways is the largest homeless shelter in Los Angeles, providing a diverse group of services. Comprehensive Case Management Services, Affordable Housing Assistance, Transitional Housing Programs, Permanent Housing Placements, JWCH Mobile Clinic, Department of Health Services, USC-HIV Study/Prevention.
- Ensuring daily duties of on ground operational staff is accomplished through zone assignment, shift reporting, schedule adherence, and inter-department communication
- Perform interdepartmental daily facility briefings which communicate facility issues/activities
- Ensure quality participant engagement methods are being used in operational teams participant contact through knowledge of policy and procedures as well as ethical/clinical standards of care
- Ability to implement crisis interventions, de-escilation and motivational interviewing methods to support participant care/staff safety
- Knowledge of quality incident reporting standards, early grievance intervention, and crisis protocol.
- Ability to perform under circumstances of possible emotional stress and conflict, dealing with un-cooperative clients
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1 years in human services, security background
- HIPPA, Programmatic standards of operation and clinical engagement, clinical documentation methods, client focused ideology
- Basic Microsoft operating system navigation, outlook, word, excel, power-point
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication, set priorities, handle- multiple task, problem solving, decision making, interpret data, detail oriented, accurate, analytical, organize, read/write; proficient in understanding and communication of the spoken and written English language, meet established deadlines
- HMIS navigation, 1 year working with targeted population
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law