Senior Program Manager I
Corporate | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
The Senior Program Manager I is responsible for the management of program activities, supervision of staff, compliance with federal, state, local, and agency requirements, record keeping of fiscal and participant data, and evaluation of program objectives. The Senior Program Manager will participate in community outreach efforts as well as Program Development and organization advocacy events.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Program Manager I has overall responsibility for the direction and success of multiple programs and/or sites as assigned (this description may also apply to single programs considered larger in scope due to budget size and/or clients served) by performing the following duties.
- With management team, plans and implements support service programming and program improvements; develops program policies and procedures.
- Accountable for meeting funding and funder requirements with respect to use of funds, staffing and program deliverables for each program as well as for the program group as a whole.
- Participates in budget planning, tracks expense, evaluates costs, and considers ways to implement cost-effective operations.
- Prepare monthly budget reports and proposals.
- Estimate and allocate resources that participants may need in order to achieve project goals.
- Create and analyze budget, reports, and program goals.
- Ensures program sites are clean, safe, and properly maintained; ensures program building(s) are in compliance with building and fire codes.
- Develops and maintains inter-agency and community relationships; represents VOALA with funders and community leaders.
- Plans, develops, and maintains collaborations with social service, medical, re-entry, mental health providers and any other community partnerships.
- Formulates effective program measurements, outcomes, and data gathering procedures.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Human Services or another directly related field from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience program management with staff supervision, budget management program development and evaluation responsibilities.
- Strong knowledge of Programmatic standards of operation, applicable federal, state, local, rules and regulations.
- Budgeting process and expenditure monitoring.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal English Language skills.
- Ability to work comfortably with target population
- Conflict Management Skills
- Must be flexible and willing to work weekends/evenings as necessary
- Proven Expertise in relevant subject matter
- Strong public speaking ability
- Able to provide valuable expertise to senior management while mentoring junior staff
- Able to organize and schedule team’s caseload, support efforts of subordinates towards program goals
- Ability to coach and mentor staff
- Demonstrated ability to perform under circumstances of possible emotional stress and conflict, including dealing with un-cooperative clients.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, with or without reasonable accommodation, including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards
- Client- focused, Prompt, collaborative/team player, adaptable, leader, communicator, ability to multitask, organized, consistent, compassionate, ability to delegate, mentorship skills, effective stress management, leadership skills, conflict resolution/mediation.
- Master's Degree (Social Work or related)
- History of working with multiple community partners, existing relationships a major plus
- Experience connecting clients to community and government resources.
- Experience serving the target community (veterans, homeless, at-risk youth, et cetera)
- Extensive experience with large and complex social services programs, serving clients with various levels of acuity and need
- Proficient with related database applications
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.