Resident Services Coordinator Ballington Plaza
Adult Services | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Ballington Plaza is a low-income housing development that provides an oasis in an otherwise difficult part of town - Skid Row. This secure, guarded apartment complex is home to hundreds of veterans and other formerly homeless residents.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
The Resident Services Coordinator provides general office support, and supports professional staff members in the delivery of services to senior resident clients. Establishes and maintains cooperative and harmonious working relationships with program staff, workers, families of clients, business agencies, office vendors, and general public.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with Property Management to provide service linkages and support systems to senior residents to assure individual needs are met
- Maintains daily contact to identify new and ongoing service needs
- Coordinates access to supportive services including, but not limited to, health services, medical appointments, and crisis intervention, as needed
- Coordinates in-home medical services and medical equipment as needed
- Assures that facilities are accessible and safe for senior residents
- Provides information and coordinates application process for available benefits including social security, Medicare, supplemental insurance and long-term care insurance
- Develops and conducts community programs and recreational activities for senior residents
- Maintains records and summarizes data to provide regular reporting
- Will be available to all residents
- Ensures compliance with HACLA
- Ensures fulfillment of the requirements for AHP funding
- Ensures successful compliance reviews every three years
- Other duties as assigned
General Administrative duties
- Filing and assisting other office staff when required.
- Prepares client folders, record files, and general filing of records and documents.
- Participate and assist in organizational functions and events.
- Answers telephone, e-mails, and replies public and resident inquiries accordingly.
- Maintains informational and/or operational documents.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related discipline
- 5 years of work experience in social work or related field
- Strong knowledge of correct English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Strong knowledge of concerns and problems facing elderly individuals
- Proficient Computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook. Familiar with Database operation/entry
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to interact with individuals with challenging personalities or facing crisis situations in a caring and comforting manner
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
- Ability to accurately and effectively compose correspondence and reports.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, with or without reasonable accommodation, including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Prompt, team player, and regular attendance.
- One year of work experience working with the elderly preferred
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (written and verbal).
VOALA BENEFITS SUMMARY:
- Choice of 3 medical insurance plans
- Choice of 2 dental insurance plans (one plan for employee only; has no premium)
- Vision insurance plan
- Voluntary Supplemental Coverage
- Accidental Injury Coverage
- Hospital Care Coverage
- Critical Illness Coverage
- Pet Insurance
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- 10 company paid holidays
- Company funded 401a retirement pension plan
- Optional employee contribution to 403b retirement savings plan
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Programs to maintain your health and well-being
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) – (No cost to employee and 100% confidential)
- Company funded Short-term Disability Insurance (STDI) Insurance
- Company funded Long-term Disability Insurance (LTD)
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify as required by the federal government and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.