Research/Program Assistant (SRDC)
Adult Services | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Assist project staff in collecting data from program participants. This individual will conduct all necessary tasks to assist in the smooth functioning of the evaluation and coordinate with the Research Coordinator to ensure successful data entry, management, and reporting. Also assist with program administrative tasks as needed.
- Responsible for working in partnership with the project staff and the evaluation team on data collection including intake, follow-up 6 months’ post-intake, and discharge.
- Responsible for assisting project staff with locating and interviewing at follow up.
- Ensure that all IRB and confidentiality information is provided to clients.
- Ensure that all clients understand and have signed appropriate releases pursuant to interviews and data transmission.
- Transmit data to the Research Coordinator for the purposes of evaluation.
- Perform administrative assistant tasks as needed including file management, answering phones, scheduling, etc.
- Attend staff meetings, and Project Management Team/Steering Committee meetings as required, and coordinate with MSU on evaluation requirements.
- Ensure that provided services are provided through a trauma-informed care approach, and adhere to confidentiality and standards for quality of care according to federal and state regulations, and agency policies and procedures.
- Graduate of an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree in behavioral science or related field
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in the human services field
- Strong computer skills
- Experience with data collection and data entry
- Knowledge of client interviewing and follow-up locating skills
- Must have the ability to work with people from various ethnic groups in a culturally competent manner and in a trauma-informed care approach
- Must be able to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing with professionals and clients
- Must have demonstrated computer proficiency, including knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database software
- Travel to service sites involved in project implementation required
- Prefer experience working with homeless individuals and persons experiencing behavioral health disorders