Research Assistant - Evaluation
Evaluation and Research | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans' services, homeless shelters, and low-income housing as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
The Evaluation Department assesses the effectiveness of our programs through consultative approaches coupled with extensive data analysis. Based on results, the Evaluation staff works with the program to identify and implement strategies and processes for continuous improvements.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in social services, public health or equivalent field of study
- Experience in a research lab and/or with a research project
- Experience working in non-profit programs
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Demonstrated ability to create tables and charts in Excel; experience with databases and data-sets
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Valid California driver's license and current, full coverage auto insurance
Preferred Skills for this Position:
- Experience in evaluation, SPSS, and Atlas TI
- Knowledge of ServicePoint and/or HMIS