Registered/Certified Monitor - CCR - (Swing and Graveyard Only)
Adult Services | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans' services, homeless shelters, and low-income housing as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Residential Treatment for your substance-use disorder, the program ranges from 30 to 120 days depending on medical necessity and the need of a controlled environment to establish a foundation for recovery. Our co-ed program provides an evidence-based trauma-informed care model of utilizing cognitive behavior therapy and motivational interviewing. Program emphasis includes instruction on developing coping and life skills allowing each individual to maintain a healthy, productive lifestyle and overcome the stress and barriers to successful daily living. We provide wrap-around services including assessments, individual and group therapy and counseling, treatment planning, case management and referrals. All potential patients must have or qualify for Medi-Cal or My Health LA coverage within Los Angeles County. Ideal candidates will meet the following criteria: be over 18 years of age, have an imminent need for substance-use disorder treatment, and to be comfortable in a multicultural setting with individuals of diverse ethnicities and lifestyles
SCOPE OF DUTIES: Under the supervision of the Program Manager for the residential programs of Central City Recovery, the Program Monitor will serve as support staff to the Program Manager and Clinical Directors as needed; assisting with maintenance and implementation of all routine processes, special projects and overall immediate needs.
Swing and Graveyard Shifts Only
- Assist Clinicians and Counselors/Case Managers in client supervision and service delivery, if applicable.
- Assist in maintenance of program records and files.
- Work in cooperation with the agency’s Clinical Director and other key staff to collect, coordinate, maintain, and report program data as needed for program funding, if applicable.
- Conduct thorough room and ground checks.
- Assure that all emergency needs of residents are met and these incidents are reported as required by Clinicians and Program Managers and SCADP, Inc.
- Assure adherence to all safety rules and regulations as per SCADP, Inc. policies.
- Answer phones, complete telephone assessments and screen prospective clients for eligibility and provide information, referrals, and assistance to callers.
- Attend monthly staff development meetings and weekly staff meetings.
- Provide client transportation, if applicable.
- Maintain open, complete, and accurate verbal and written communications with all staff and residents.
- Must be self-motivated and able to follow job duties alone during this shift.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Program Manager and the Clinicians.
- Must be registered/certified as Alcohol & Drug Counselor
- Must have completed module A and B from American Society of Addiction Medicine
- Must have or in the process of obtaining 45 hours of approved education in SUD counseling by June 30, 2019
- First Aid/CPR certified
- Clerical skills including office organization, filing, computer literacy (Word Perfect/Microsoft Word, Excel) heavy phone experience, and/or experience in an office setting
- Culturally competent/sensitive
- Clean driving record required if driving is a requirement of your position
- Minimum 2 years of sobriety if recovering
Skills Required to Perform this Position:
- Must adhere to code of conduct by certifying body CCAAP or CADTP