Recruiter II Leadership
Adult Services | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Human Resources - Corporate
Serving those who serve others. The HR Department of VOALA is dedicated to providing the highest quality of service to those who aid our communities’ most vulnerable.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
At the direction of the Recruiting Supervisor (dotted-line reporting to the Sr. Director of HR) Recruiter II - Leadership conducts strategic outreach to recruit high-quality, diverse, and qualified leadership candidates for VOALA Programs. Manages an effective, innovative recruiting campaign to meeting recruiting targets and ensure qualified candidates in the pipeline for all open positions. Regularly assists in sourcing efforts, engages in collecting candidate information from a variety of platforms and ensuring a successful applicant experience in a fast-paced recruiting organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruits experienced leaders, including screening, coordinating interviews with Program Management Staff, and ensuring steady pool of active candidates
- Analyzes recruitment data to develop/modify marketing and recruitment strategies; becomes an expert on the designated area of concentration for recruitment.
- Updates candidate records and job postings in ATS system
- Coordinates interview schedules with applicants and hiring managers
- Uses detailed screening and selection criteria to identify qualified candidates and to determine the relevant strength of the candidates in the pool
- Responsible for building a strong candidate pipelines for identified positions, including attending job fairs, schools, college services as identified including identifying user groups and professional associations which could lead to qualified candidates
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience in recruiting (4 years)
- Minimum 4 years of recruiting experience, 2 of which include recruiting for leaders
- Demonstrated knowledge of talent recruitment & selection of leadership positions
- Knowledge of recruitment sources and practices
- Knowledge of CA Employment Law
- Knowledge of current recruiting practices, tools, and technology
- Strong computer skills: in-depth internet knowledge and proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, and ATS system.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Exceptional customer service orientation and relationship management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with functional, academic and administrative leaders.
- Exhibits purposeful urgency when faced with pressing human resources needs.
- Exhibits high level of integrity and personal responsibility for ensuring that problems are solved and hiring needs are met at any given point in time.
- Effectively manage & prioritize a high volume of work, from a multitude of work streams, in a fast-paced environment.
- Results oriented.
- Ability to foster a sense of professionalism and relationship building for self and team
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, with or without reasonable accommodation, including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Client- focused, Prompt, collaborative/team player, regular attendance, adaptable, communicator, organized, consistent, compassionate.
- Related experience in a large complex organization.
- Leadership recruiting experience in Southern California.
- Knowledge of Southern California recruitment resources and practices.
- Experience with JobScore ATS preferred.
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.