Human Resources | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Human Resources - Corporate
Serving those who serve others. The HR Department of VOALA is dedicated to providing the highest quality of service to those who aid our communities’ most vulnerable.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
The Recruiter will work closely with Adult and Veteran’s Services programs for proactive hiring for identified positions, while organizing, modifying, and confirming system candidate data to ensure recruiting is well resourced. Regularly performs sourcing efforts, engages in collecting candidate information from a variety of platforms and ensuring a successful applicant experience in a fast-paced recruiting organization. Manages an effective, innovative recruiting campaign to meeting recruiting targets and ensure qualified candidates in the pipeline for all open positions
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruits candidates for VOALA program and corporate positions, including screening, coordinating interviews with Program Management Staff, and ensuring steady pool of active candidates
- Actively sources candidates, creating pipeline for fast paced recruitment to organization needs
- Analyzes recruitment data to develop/modify marketing and recruitment strategies; becomes an expert on the designated area of concentration for recruitment.
- Updates candidate records and job postings in ATS system
- Coordinates interview schedules with applicants and hiring managers
- Uses detailed screening and selection criteria to identify qualified candidates and to determine the relevant strength of the candidates in the pool
- Responsible for building a strong candidate pipelines for identified positions, including attending job fairs, schools, college services as identified including identifying user groups and professional associations which could lead to qualified candidates
- Responsible to ensure that all individuals involved in the selection and interviewing process are trained and knowledgeable in appropriate and legal hiring practices and trained in the effective and appropriate use of the applicant ATS system
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience in recruiting and recruitment function leading.
- Minimum 2 years recruiting experience
- Experience must include strong emphasis on sourcing applicants
- Demonstrated knowledge of talent recruitment & selection, particularly in the education and/or non-profit sector
- Knowledge of CA Employment Law
- Knowledge of current recruiting practices, tools, and technology
- Knowledge of Boolean searches for internet and recruiting applications
- Strong computer skills: good and proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and ATS system.
- Strong knowledge of digital candidate sourcing
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Exceptional customer service orientation and relationship management.
- Ability to use Boolean searches throughout recruiting process
- Strong skill in sourcing applicants
- Exceptional ability to promote the benefits of working for VOALA
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with functional, and administrative leaders.
- Exhibits purposeful urgency when faced with pressing human resources needs.
- Exhibits high level of integrity and personal responsibility for ensuring that problems are solved and hiring needs are met at any given point in time.
- Effectively manage & prioritize a high volume of work, from a multitude of work streams, in a fast-paced environment.
- Results oriented.
- Ability to foster a sense of professionalism and relationship building for self and team
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, with or without reasonable accommodation, including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Client- focused, Prompt, collaborative/team player, regular attendance, adaptable, communicator, organized, consistent, compassionate.
- Talent Acquisition Credential, Certificate, or Certification
- Related experience in a large complex organization.
- Experience with JobScore ATS preferred.
VOALA BENEFITS SUMMARY:
- Choice of 3 medical insurance plans
- Choice of 2 dental insurance plans (one plan for employee only; has no premium)
- Vision insurance plan
- Voluntary Supplemental Coverage
- Accidental Injury Coverage
- Hospital Care Coverage
- Critical Illness Coverage
- Pet Insurance
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- 10 company paid holidays
- Company funded 401a retirement pension plan
- Optional employee contribution to 403b retirement savings plan
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Programs to maintain your health and well-being
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) – (No cost to employee and 100% confidential)
- Company funded Short-term Disability Insurance (STDI) Insurance
- Company funded Long-term Disability Insurance (LTD)
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify as required by the federal government and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.