Property Supervisor LAHSA Homekey Devonshire Lodge
Adult Services | Chatsworth, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
LAHSA Homekey Devonshire Lodge
Due to COVID-19, a need arose to quickly serve our at risk homeless neighbors. The Project HomeKey program provides housing for individuals and families experiencing homelessness or at risk of experiencing homelessness and who are impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. This program will interact with previous Project Roomkey clients.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
Responsible for the overall operation of the property, the VOALA Property Supervisor including oversight of custodial, construction, repair and maintenance operations for designated sites operated by VOALA. All the listed responsibilities shall meet the various local, state and federal requirements for the operation of physical properties under the various programs of VOALA, including the Davis-Bacon Act requirements. This position requires the ability to work flexible hours.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee work performed by Building staff at the location, including administrative and maintenance; Supervise and manage maintenance and custodial staff assigned to this location.
- Coordinate selection of outside contractors and vendors as well as oversee all project work by contractors and vendors.
- Coordinate purchases and processing of purchase orders
- Oversee operation of contracted security staff.
- Investigate and document all complaints and reported incidents
- Coordinate all property capital improvement projects
- Coordinate with corporate accountants on fiscal budgets and expenses
- Maintain work and document flow between property and corporate personnel
- Maintain daily property inspection and reports
- Coordinate and oversee compliance with various property funding sources
- Coordinate positive and productive associations with surrounding business community
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- Associates Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience (2 years of relevant experience in property management).
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a property manager with supervisory experience guiding and overseeing staff.
- Strong knowledge of building codes and quality aspects of building maintenance and construction
- Basic Microsoft operating system navigation, outlook, word, excel, power-point, internet browser; Working knowledge of YARDI software.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Client- focused, Prompt, collaborative/team player, regular attendance, adaptable, communicator, organized, consistent, compassionate, conflict resolution.
- Current California driver's license and clean driving record
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.