Property Services Assistant
Corporate | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
The Property Services Assistant provides administrative support to the Property Services Specialist for asset management and related functions. Assists the efforts of the Property Services Specialist to oversee all leasing, reporting, and compliance for all facilities.
The Property Services Assistant shall:
- Coordinate property service requests; oversee invoice processing and backup documentation
- Prepares all needed documents relating to maintenance and construction projects; handles property and maintenance matters as required in the absence of the Property Services Specialist
- Maintains licenses, permits and other certifications for all properties; prepares timely renewals and inspections as needed
- Keeps current all leases and other Asset Management department files
- Assists Property Services Specialist with communications, organization and other related tasks as assigned
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, travel, and other group activities when required.
- Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed.
- Collects property service requests across multiple locations to ensure all facilities are administered in a timely fashion
- Prepares, distributes, and files documents and communications relating to maintenance and construction projects supporting VOALA operations.
- Maintains leases and asset management filings
- Monitors status of licenses, permits and other certifications for all properties
- Organizes Property Services calendar and schedules
- Other duties as required and is subject to change at any time.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year of experience in facility/property maintenance, contracts or project management
- Knowledge of contracts and leases
- Knowledge of property permitting and licensing for public use building
- Proficient Computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook
SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
- Ability to accurately and effectively compose correspondence and reports.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, with or without reasonable accommodation, including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Dependable, collaborative, have regular/dependable attendance, be prompt, positive mindset, flexible, organized
- Background in working with landlords, vendors and program managers
- Working knowledge of national facility best practices and performance measurement
VOALA BENEFITS SUMMARY:
- Choice of 3 medical insurance plans
- Choice of 2 dental insurance plans (one plan for employee only; has no premium)
- Vision insurance plan
- Voluntary Supplemental Coverage
- Accidental Injury Coverage
- Hospital Care Coverage
- Critical Illness Coverage
- Pet Insurance
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- 10 company paid holidays
- Company funded 401a retirement pension plan
- Optional employee contribution to 403b retirement savings plan
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Programs to maintain your health and well-being
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) – (No cost to employee and 100% confidential)
- Company funded Short-term Disability Insurance (STDI) Insurance
- Company funded Long-term Disability Insurance (LTD)
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify as required by the federal government and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.