Property Lead LAHSA Homekey The Nest
Adult Services | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
LAHSA Homekey The Nest
Due to COVID-19, a need arose to quickly serve our at risk homeless neighbors. The Project HomeKey program provides housing for individuals and families experiencing homelessness or at risk of experiencing homelessness and who are impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. This program will interact with previous Project Roomkey clients.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
The Property Lead supports overall operation of the property, including oversight of custodial, construction, repair and maintenance operations for designated sites operated by VOALA. All the listed responsibilities shall meet the various local, state and federal requirements for the operation of physical properties under the various programs of VOALA, including the Davis-Bacon Act requirements. This position requires the ability to work flexible hours.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead work performed by Building staff at the location, including administrative and maintenance; Lead and manage maintenance and custodial staff assigned to this location.
- Oversee project work by contractors and vendors, as directed.
- Process purchase orders
- Coordinate contracted security staff, as directed by Property Supervisor.
- Investigate and document all complaints and reported incidents
- Lead property capital improvement projects as directed
- Conduct daily property inspection and report to Property Supervisor
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- High School or GED
- Minimum one year of property management work experience. One year of experience leading the work of others.
- Knowledge of building codes and quality aspects of building maintenance and construction
- Basic Microsoft operating system navigation, outlook, word, excel, power-point, internet browser; Working knowledge of YARDI and Hotelkey software.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Client- focused, Prompt, collaborative/team player, regular attendance, adaptable, communicator, organized, consistent, compassionate, conflict resolution.
- Skilled trades education (e.g., plumbing, electrical etc.)
- Supervisory experience guiding and overseeing staff.
- Current California driver's license and clean driving record
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.