Project Manager (CARF Accreditation Project)
Corporate | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOA - LA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities Accreditation Project
The mission of CARF is to promote the quality, value, and optimal outcomes of services through a consultative accreditation process and continuous improvement services that center on enhancing the lives of persons served.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
The Project Manager – CARF Accreditation performs analytical and project management work that supports the accreditation process, and assists in the assessment, measurement, and reporting of ongoing compliance with the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision and the direction of the COO, the Project Manager will:
- Coordinate all aspects of the CARF Accreditation process – both before and after surveys.
- Maintain and monitor CARF Project plans and schedules.
- Ensure that all project milestones are met, delivered on-time and within scope.
- Prepare necessary presentation materials for meetings as directed.
- Communicate project tasks, milestones, and changes regularly and clearly.
- Create and maintain the project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and milestone.
- Update project plan with all project changes and disseminate information to the project team
- Communicate regularly with the COO stakeholders on project deliverables.
- Report and escalate issues (including delays) to the COO as needed.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Use technology for project management to follow project process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Organizational Development, Organizational Leadership, Human Resources or related field or the equivalent combination of relevant experience (Combination of education and project management experience of 4 years).
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in project management.
- Experience with task scheduling and resource assignment.
- Experience with project management practices and tools to create, manage, and track project performance.
- Strong knowledge of research tools.
- Experienced user of MS Office tool-set (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational and time management skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Ability to work well with large and diverse teams.
- Knowledge in CARF Accreditation.
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.