Program Manager Walnut Recovery Rehousing
Adult Services | El Monte, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOA - LA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
The Program Manger I supervises all efforts to fulfill the goals and objectives of the Program, designing plans and operations according to contract and budget guidelines. This includes overseeing resources and coordinating the efforts of community partners, and conducting ongoing outreach to serve participants and leverage VOALA and community assets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Intake, assessments, service planning, service delivery, and goal attainment
- Training and supervision of staff, and acting as problem-solving resource for difficult cases
- Meeting grant objectives, adhering to grant guidelines
- Provides information to Division Director highlighting progress towards reaching set goals
- Ensures quality service to program clients.
- Monitor program compliance to VOALA policies and required procedures; maintains documentation of all program services delivered to participants.
- Measures and assess impact of services; supports and participates in key elements to the program's success
- Effectively communicates project expectations to team members
- Coordinate outreach and collaboration efforts with community partners
- Other Duties as directed to accomplish program goals.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work (or related discipline) or a combination of relevant education and experience (4 years).
- 3 years of experience in Social Services Program Management, Coordination or Supervision
- Minimum of 2 years of direct experience in Staff Management
- Strong knowledge of case management ethics, HIPAA, Programmatic standards of operation and clinical engagement, clinical documentation methods, client focused ideology.
- Proficient Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel. Familiarity with Database and report generation.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be flexible and willing to work weekends/evenings as necessary
- Proven Expertise in relevant subject matter
- Strong public speaking ability
- Able to provide valuable expertise to senior management while mentoring junior staff
- Able to organize and schedule team’s caseload, support efforts of subordinates towards program goals
- Ability to coach and mentor staff
- Demonstrated ability to perform under circumstances of possible emotional stress and conflict, including dealing with un-cooperative clients.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, with or without reasonable accommodation, including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Build rapport with those encountered in all aspects the work day.
- Build trust, act trustworthy
- Active listening (reflective listening)
- Follow instructions and VOALA procedures
- Apply principles of client-centered, strength-based counselling (including the principles of the recovery model and trauma-informed practice)
- Able to identify successes, challenges, and barriers impacting the completion of plans prepared for clients.
- Apply principles of professional boundaries and ethics to on the job situations
- Able to de-escalate threatening/volatile situations with clients, or in the workplace
- Master of Social Work or discipline related to Program services.
- Experience connecting clients to community and government resources
- Experience serving the target community (veterans, homeless, at-risk youth, et cetera)
- Knowledge about community resources
- Experience with HMIS and other relevant databases used by partner service providers
- Ability to work with people from various backgrounds and/or limited English capabilities
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.