Program Manager III
Adult Services | Lancaster, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America Los Angeles is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
Program Manager III manages a large, complex program with multiple functions or services according to contract and budget guidelines. Spends the majority of time (50% or more) achieving organizational objectives through the coordinated achievements of subordinate staff, overseeing resources and coordinating the efforts of the program team members including VOALA sub-contractors, community partners, and ongoing outreach as it pertains to the target population. The Program Manager III will assure that all goals and objectives are accomplished according to plan.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and manage project budget, project development, performance goals, and service delivery for service programs in accordance with stated grant requirements
- Develop program policies, procedure plans, and associated communications documents
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management
- Train, coach, and manage service team on program requirements, tools, and methods to meet those requirements
- Effectively communicate project expectation to team members and senior management in a timely and clear fashion
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel
- Manage multiple teams of staff located at various work sites
- Monitor and verify services provided to each participant on a regular basis and determine the quality and effectiveness of services provided
- Ensure program interim and final goals and requirements are achieved
- Prepare monthly budget reports and proposals
- Estimate and allocate resources that participants may need in order to achieve project goals
- Create and analyze budget, reports, and program goals
- Communicate with funder on an ongoing basis
- Collaborate with community partners for services and housing opportunities to program participants
- Coach, mentor, and supervise project team members and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
- Collaborate with other VOALA programs and community partners and representing the interests of the agency, the program and its participants in all networking and public relations opportunities
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in high pressure situations
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work (or related discipline) or a combination of relevant education and experience (4 years).
- 5 years of experience in Social Services Program Management, Coordination or Supervision
- Minimum of 4 years of direct experience in Staff Management Experience in Homeless Services, Department of Mental Health and/or Substance Use Disorder (DMC) Programs
- Budget Management / Oversight Experience
- Experience managing programs with over 10 staff, serving clients with multiple modalities
- Demonstrated skills in working with participants from various backgrounds, particularly homeless individuals.
- Demonstrated skill in program administration with budget oversight.
- Knowledge of Housing First Model and Harm Reduction Model
- Strong knowledge of case management ethics, HIPAA, Programmatic standards of operation and clinical engagement, clinical documentation methods, client focused ideology.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, included but not limited to Words, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong knowledge of Database and report generation.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal English Language skills.
- Ability to work comfortably with target population
- Conflict Management Skills
- Must be flexible and willing to work weekends/evenings as necessary
- Proven Expertise in relevant subject matter
- Strong public speaking ability
- Able to provide valuable expertise to senior management while mentoring junior staff
- Able to organize and schedule team’s caseload, support efforts of subordinates towards program goals
- Ability to coach and mentor staff
- Demonstrated ability to perform under circumstances of possible emotional stress and conflict, including dealing with un-cooperative clients.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, with or without reasonable accommodation, including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards
- Build rapport with those encountered in all aspects the work day.
- Build trust, act trustworthy
- Active listening (reflective listening)
- Follow instructions and VOALA procedures
- Apply principles of client-centered, strength-based counselling (including the principles of the recovery model and trauma-informed practice)
- Able to identify successes, challenges, and barriers impacting the completion of plans prepared for clients.
- Apply principles of professional boundaries and ethics to on the job situations
- Able to de-escalate threatening/volatile situations with clients, or in the workplace
- Master of Social Work or discipline related to Program services
- History of working with multiple community partners, existing relationships a major plus.
- Experience connecting clients to community and government resources.
- Experience serving the target community (veterans, homeless, at-risk youth, et cetera)
- Extensive experience with large and complex social services programs, serving clients with various levels of acuity and need.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Well informed of organizational priorities and procedures.
- Knowledge about community resources
- Experience with HMIS and other relevant databases used by partner service providers
VOALA BENEFITS SUMMARY:
- Choice of 3 medical insurance plans
- Choice of 2 dental insurance plans (one plan for employee only; has no premium)
- Vision insurance plan
- Voluntary Supplemental Coverage
- Accidental Injury Coverage
- Hospital Care Coverage
- Critical Illness Coverage
- Pet Insurance
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- 10 company paid holidays
- Company funded 401a retirement pension plan
- Optional employee contribution to 403b retirement savings plan
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Programs to maintain your health and well-being
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) – (No cost to employee and 100% confidential)
- Company funded Short-term Disability Insurance (STDI) Insurance
- Company funded Long-term Disability Insurance (LTD)
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify as required by the federal government and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.