Program Manager I (Adult Reentry Rental Assistance)
Adult Services | Compton, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
PROPOSITION 47 PROGRAM
ADULT REENTRY RENTAL ASSISTANCE
Through Proposition 47, the State of California provides grants to develop mental health services, substance use disorder treatment and diversion programs for people in the criminal justice system, including housing-related assistance, job skills training, case management and other community-based supportive services. The Adult Reentry Rental Assistance program at VOALA will work with ODR Housing program to provide permanent supportive housing to individuals who are homeless, have a mental health and/or substance use disorder, and who are incarcerated in the Los Angeles County Jail. The program is offered to both the re-entry population who are already sentenced and pretrial defendants who have pending criminal felony cases. The Adult Rental Reentry Assistance program works closely with the assigned Intensive Case Management Services provider who works with the client as they transition from custody to community.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
The Program Manger I manage the provision of Temporary Housing, Rental Assistance, Move-In Assistance and facilitates permanent supportive housing for clients, according to contract and budget guidelines. This includes overseeing resources and coordinating the efforts of community partner's ongoing outreach.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision on the Senior Program Manager, the Program Manager I is responsible for:
- Intake, assessments, service planning, service delivery, and goal attainment
- Training, supervision, and problem-solving for difficult cases
- Meeting grant objectives, adhering to grant guidelines
- Provides information to Division Director highlighting progress to reaching set goals
- Provides quality service to clients with rental issues.
- Monitor program compliance to VOALA policies and required procedures; maintains documentation of all program services delivered to participants.
- Measures and assess impact of services, supports, and participates in key elements to the program's success
- Effectively communicates project expectations to team members
- Coordinate outreach and collaboration efforts with community partners and landlords
- Other Duties as directed to accomplish program goals.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work (or related discipline) or a combination of relevant education and experience (4 years).
- 3 years of experience in Social Services Program Management, Coordination or Supervision.
- Minimum of 2 years of direct experience in Staff Management.
- Strong knowledge of case management ethics, HIPAA, Programmatic standards of operation and clinical engagement, clinical documentation methods, client focused ideology.
- Proficient Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel. Familiarity with Database and report generation.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be flexible and willing to work weekends/evenings as necessary
- Valid California driver's license, vehicle insurance, clean driving record, and reliable transportation
- Ability to coach and mentor staff.
- Client- focused, Prompt, collaborative/team player.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work
- Ability to work with people from various backgrounds and/or limited English capabilities
- Knowledge about community resources
- Experience connecting clients to resources.
- Experience with HMIS and other relevant databases used by partner service providers.
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.