Program Manager Hope for Home
Adult Services | Pomona, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
HOPE FOR HOME
H4H is a 90-day program for homeless individuals. The goal of the program is to serve individuals who are committed to rebuilding their lives, and enable them to move from homelessness to self-sufficiency. Participants must understand that the program is a stepping-stone to Permanent Housing in order for the person to become independent. The candidate will reside without paying for rent, utilities or meals. Participants receive weekly case management, in house computer lab, referrals to housing programs, learn structure and life skills, and gain assistance/referral with other needed services or support.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
The Program Manager I supervises all efforts to fulfill the goals and objectives of the Program, designing plans and operations according to contract and budget guidelines. This includes overseeing resources and coordinating the efforts of community partners, and conducting ongoing outreach to serve participants and leverage VOALA and community assets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Intake, assessments, service planning, service delivery, and goal attainment
- Training, supervision, and problem-solving for difficult cases
- Meeting grant objectives, adhering to grant guidelines
- Provides information to Division Director highlighting progress to reaching set goals
- Provides quality service to clients with rental issues.
- Monitor program compliance to VOALA policies and required procedures; maintains documentation of all program services delivered to participants.
- Measures and assess impact of services, supports, and participates in key elements to the program's success
- Effectively communicates project expectations to team members
- Coordinate outreach and collaboration efforts with community partners and landlords
- Other Duties as directed to accomplish program goals
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work (or related discipline) or a combination of relevant education and experience (4 years)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Social Services Program Management, Coordination or Supervision.
- Minimum of 2 years of direct experience in Staff Management
- Strong knowledge of case management ethics, HIPAA, Programmatic standards of operation and clinical engagement, clinical documentation methods, client focused ideology
- Proficient Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel. Familiarity with Database and report generation
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be flexible and willing to work weekends/evenings as necessary
- Ability to coach and mentor staff
- Client- focused, prompt, and collaborative/team player
- Master of Social Work or discipline related to Program services.
- Experience connecting clients to community and government resources
- Experience serving the target community (veterans, homeless, at-risk youth, et cetera)
- Knowledge about community resources
- Experience with HMIS and other relevant databases used by partner service providers
- Ability to work with people from various backgrounds and/or limited English capabilities
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify as required by the federal government and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.