Program Manager (Homes for Heroes)
Adult Services | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Bridge Housing provides a safe, low-barrier and supportive twenty-four (24) hour residence to veterans experiencing homelessness, while they are assisted as quickly as possible into permanent housing. Bridge Housing for Veterans works in collaboration with LAHSA and the Coordinated Entry System (CES) for veterans experiencing homelessness in Los Angeles County. Bridge Housing for Veterans should fit seamlessly with CES Program components which serve veterans and be prioritized for veterans who areexperiencing homelessness in SPAs/Regions with limited GPD or Transitional beds for veterans, or not eligible to be served by other Bridge Housing or shelter programs.
- Direct a full range of professional and para-professional employees in efficient program operations
- Reviews the work of Case Managers engaged in Bridge Housing Case Management services
- Develop and maintain inter-agency and community relationships
- Monitor program compliance to funding sources regulations as well as internal policies and procedures
- Create and work within a team environment to ensure all staff are knowledgeable and familiar with the LAHSA contract expectations, case management and supervisorial expectations and ensure all staff are delivering high quality care.
- Collaborate with other Veteran Services program staff to ensure Veterans are transitioning into permanent housing as quickly as possible using the Housing First Model
- Conducts unit meetings to interpret and discuss new policies, procedures and regulations, and to discuss need for improvement of case management techniques
- Provide supervision of case management and paraprofessional staff and oversee case management services
- Participates in and conduct in-service training programs and staff development activities.
- Provide quality assurance of documentation and ensuring that case managers’ monthly contacts assist the agency with meeting its billing goals.
- Advise senior management regarding future program direction
- Bachelors in a related field (Social Work, Psychology, Human Services, etc.)
- Possess a State of California current license (LCSW) with no restrictions
- Masters of Social Work (MSW) from an accredited institution preferred
- Supervisory experience in homeless services or related social services field with strong skills in staff supervision and implementation and development of policies and procedures
- Familiarity and ease working with issues related to homelessness, substance abuse, mental health diagnosis, and history of trauma
- Strong ability to represent the interests of the agency, interact effectively with a diverse group, and be comfortable building successful collaborative relationships with program participants, staff, and other stake holders
- Effective written and oral communications skills with people from varied backgrounds
- Proven working knowledge of Microsoft Office; ability to learn and use program specific software
- Valid California driver’s license and access to dependable transportation with adequate insurance
- U.S. Armed Forces Veteran preferred
- Basic knowledge of psychosocial treatment modalities, especially cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy skills training (DBT), motivational interviewing (MI), relapse prevention (RP), Seeking Safety preferred