Program Coordinator (Specialized Emergency Housing Program)
Adult Services | Lancaster, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
- Address intake and assessments, services planning, service delivery and goal attainment
- As a member of the program team, you will provide information referrals, crisis intervention, and assistance with permanent housing placement to all participants and case managers
- Manages all shelter activities; reviews all shelter cases in all aspects, taking responsibility for quality and timeliness of all shelter services. Responsible for all assigned record keeping and documentation relevant to the agency.
- Attends meetings and provides outreach as directed; conducts staff meetings and other shelter meetings as necessary. Trains new employees, and supervises shelter staff, trainees, interns, and volunteers.
- Ensures adherence to agency polices/procedures and to professional ethics and good conduct on the part of the staff, volunteers, and participants.
- Adhere to grant objectives by providing information to program managers highlighting progress in reaching goals.
- Manage day-to-day operations of case manager's, monitors and participant housing goals, objective and treatment plans; maintains a limited caseload
- Communicates directly with management regarding development of shelter services, policies affecting shelter services, and related matters.
- Ensures that the duties necessary to maintaining continuous shelter coverage are carried out (such as shelter coverage, house maintenance and supply operations, assessment of need for volunteers, maintenance of contacts with community resources, and other duties as appropriate)
- Conducts weekly case conferencing and monthly case files audits to assure participant records are complete and accurate
- Monitor program compliance to VOALA policies and required procedures; maintains documentation of all program procedures
- Coordinate outreach and collaboration efforts with community partners and landlords
- Coordinate supportive services for adults with chronic or complex health and/or behavioral health conditions
- Assist program manager with implementing policies, procedures and forms that facilitate the effective operation of intensive case management and delivery of high quality services
- Other duties as assigned
- Inputs required program data on clarity, and completes written and incident reports
- Oversee daily activity with employees which include, attendance, VOALA policies and procedures, assure all staff are completing daily duties.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or the equivalent combination of education and experience. (4 years equals bachelor’s degree)
- Minimum 1 years of experience as a lead case manager, program coordinator or program specialist
- Experience supervising staff
- Valid California driver's license, insurance and reliable transportation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and a genuine desire to model and facilitate productive communication in the workplace
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills as well as the ability to change as needed
- Demonstrates ability of excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office, email and the internet
- Tuberculosis screening updated annually
- Experience supervising staff
- Flexible and willing to work weekends/evenings as necessary
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Experience in working with crisis intervention(s)
- Familiarity with Clarity HMIS Data Base