Program Coordinator - (Second Chance Mentoring)
Adult Services | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Second Chance Mentoring is an initiative designed to help men and women ages 18 and older who are transitioning back into their community from prison. The program's goal is to reduce the high percentage of persons who repeatedly return to prison by providing mentoring and supportive services. The Program Coordinator will coordinate services and activities with community resources. Manage day to day delivery of services.
- Address intake and assessments, services planning, service delivery and goal attainment
- Participate in defining procedures to enhance effectiveness and efficiencies of program operation; serves in key role for ground-level program start up including strategic planning and program implementation
- Manage day-to-day operations of case managers' participant goals, objective and treatment plans; maintains a limited caseload
- Conducts weekly case conferencing and monthly case files audits to assure participant records are complete and accurate
- Monitor program compliance to VOALA policies and required procedures; maintains documentation of all program procedures.
- Provide crisis intervention for staff and participants as needed
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate staff
- Coordinate in-service training events for program staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred
- 3 - 5 years experience working in human services leadership role
- Prior experience as a supervisor or team leader managing individuals with diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Word and Excel as well as Internet use
- Effective written and oral communications skills
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and dependable transportation with adequate vehicle insurance
- Must be willing to travel 25% of the time
- Flexible and willing to work weekends/evenings as necessary