Program Coordinator II - Pomona Hope for Homes Services Center
Adult Services | Pomona, CA | Full Time
Volunteers of America of Greater Los Angeles is a large, national not-for-profit organization founded in 1896. We provide a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
The Program Coordinator II reports to the Program Manager or their designee, and will lead a team of technical and supportive services staff. The Program Coordinator II will assure all defined goals and objectives are met according to plan.
- Assist to oversee program operations by providing training, resources, and support
- Responsible for day-to-day program implementation providing guidance and supervision for staff, budget oversight, project timelines, and anticipated outcomes
- Works in conjunction with monitors and case managers to support mental health needs of clients, including providing direct counseling to staff on their cases
- Works closely with the Program Manager to ensure all required program components are provided using continuous quality improvement standards and communicates daily with program manager
- Conducts weekly case conferencing and monthly case files audits to assure participant records are complete and accurate
- Ensures coordination with other agency-based and community-based agencies services needed to support permanency and self-sufficiency, including housing, health care, mental health care, substance abuse case, employment/supported employment, victim services, and education
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate staff
- Assists in conducting evidence-based training for staff on an ongoing basis
- Assists case manager in designing and implementing Individual Service Plans based upon client needs
- Responds to and intervenes in crisis situations
- Other duties as required and is subject to change at any time
- Ability to perform under circumstances of possible emotional stress and conflict, including dealing with un-cooperative clients
- Ability to work a regular schedule provided by your direct supervisor
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, with or without reasonable accommodation, including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity standards
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or the equivalent combination of education and experience. (4 years’ equals bachelor’s degree) Master’s degree from an accredited college or university is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a lead case manager, program coordinator or program specialist, or equivalent experience guiding/overseeing staff and operations.
- Preferred 3 years of experience as a program coordinator or program specialist, or equivalent experience guiding/overseeing staff and operations.
Special Skills Required to Perform this Position
- Ability to work comfortably with target population
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, database experience
- Strong written and verbal communication,
- Meet established deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong project management skills
Preferred Skills for this Position:
- HMIS, Clarity, Service point database experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of treatment plans design and case management
- Knowledge of veteran resources available at the local, state, and national level.