Program Coordinator II Adult ReEntry Warm Handoff
Adult Services | Compton, CA | Full Time | From $26.84 to $28.25 per hour
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America Los Angeles is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
The Program Coordinator II provides experience-based competencies and administrative assistance to further efforts of the program staff to fulfill the contracted goals and objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Achieve grant objectives by supervising the program staff, providing expertise, and monitoring service delivery, while providing information to the Director, highlighting progress in reaching goals;
- Coordinate day-to-day operations of program service providers, overseeing intake, creation of service plans and delivery of services to clients;
- Conducts weekly case conferencing and monthly case files audits to assure participant records are complete and accurate;
- Monitor program compliance to VOALA policies and required procedures; maintains documentation of all program procedures;
- Assist Director with implementing policies, procedures and forms that facilitate the effective operation of intensive case management and delivery of high-quality services – train and mentor staff;
- Coordinate outreach and collaboration efforts with community partners and stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work (or related discipline) or a combination of relevant education and experience (4 years).
- 2 years of supervisory experience in a social services organization (leading programs, projects, or staff)
- Strong knowledge of case management ethics, HIPAA, Programmatic standards of operation and clinical engagement, clinical documentation methods, client focused ideology.
- Proficient Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel. Familiarity with Database and report generation.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be flexible and willing to work weekends/evenings as necessary
- Proven Expertise in relevant subject matter
- Able Public Speaker
- Able to provide valuable expertise to senior management while mentoring junior staff
- Able to organize and schedule team’s caseload, support efforts of subordinates towards program goals
- Ability to coach and mentor staff
- Demonstrated ability to perform under circumstances of possible emotional stress and conflict, including dealing with un-cooperative clients.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, with or without reasonable accommodation, including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Build rapport with those encountered in all aspects the work day.
- Build trust, act trustworthy
- Active listening (reflective listening)
- Follow instructions and VOALA procedures
- Apply principles of client-centered, strength-based counselling (including the principles of the recovery model and trauma-informed practice)
- Able to identify successes, challenges, and barriers impacting the completion of plans prepared for clients.
- Apply principles of professional boundaries and ethics to on the job situations
- Able to de-escalate threatening/volatile situations with clients, or in the workplace
- Master of Social Work or discipline related to Program services
- Prior experience as a supervisor or team leader managing (5) or more individuals
- Experience with managing public contacts (e.g. HUD ESG, SAMHSA)
- Experience with report development for public funders
- Knowledge about community resources
- Experience with HMIS and other relevant databases used by partner service providers
- Ability to work with people from various backgrounds and/or limited English capabilities
VOALA BENEFITS SUMMARY:
- Choice of 3 medical insurance plans
- Choice of 2 dental insurance plans (one plan for employee only; has no premium)
- Vision insurance plan
- Voluntary Supplemental Coverage
- Accidental Injury Coverage
- Hospital Care Coverage
- Critical Illness Coverage
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- 10 company paid holidays
- Company funded 401a retirement pension plan
- Optional employee contribution to 403b retirement savings plan
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Programs to maintain your health and well-being
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) – (No cost to employee and 100% confidential)
- Company funded Short-term Disability Insurance (STDI) Insurance
- Company funded Long-term Disability Insurance (LTD)
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify as required by the federal government and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.