Program Coordinator I Supportive Services for Veteran Families
Adult Services | Santa Ana, CA | Full Time
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOA - LA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF)
SSVF (Supportive Services for Veteran Families) promotes housing stability to homeless or at–risk–of–becoming homeless Veterans and their families. The goal of the SSVF program is to provide clients with the skills necessary to maintain long term, independent living. SSVF is a short-term crisis intervention program, with services to include case management, housing and financial counseling, and assistance in obtaining benefits and services.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
The Program Coordinator provides experience-based competencies and administrative assistance to further the efforts of the Case Manager and Housing Specialist to fulfill the mission of VOALA: obtain stable housing and increase access to care for low income persons.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Project Director, the Program Coordinator shall:
- Achieve grant objectives by supervising the Case Manager and Housing Specialist, providing expertise, and implementing Quality Assurance systems, while providing information to the Director, highlighting progress in reaching goals.
- Coordinate day-to-day operations of case manager and housing specialist, overseeing intake, creation of service plans and housing stability plans for clients;
- Conducts weekly case conferencing and monthly case files audits to assure participant records are complete and accurate
- Monitor program compliance to VOALA policies and required procedures; maintains documentation of all program procedures
- Assist Director with implementing policies, procedures and forms that facilitate the effective operation of intensive case management and delivery of high-quality services; train and mentor staff
- Coordinate outreach and collaboration efforts with community partners and landlords
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- Valid California driver’s license, acceptable proof of automobile insurance, and/or reliable mode of transportation
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work (or related discipline) or a combination of relevant education and experience (4 years)
- 1 year of supervisory experience in a social services organization (leading programs, projects, or staff)
- Strong knowledge of case management ethics, HIPAA, Programmatic standards of operation and clinical engagement, clinical documentation methods, client focused ideology
- Basic Microsoft operating system navigation, outlook, word, excel, power-point, internet browser
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication,
- Deep understanding, ability to assess, and consult with team on participant acuity and appropriate levels of care through treatment team meetings.
- Ability to coach and mentor staff
- Client- focused, Prompt, collaborative/team player, ability to delegate, mentorship skills, effective stress management, leadership skills, conflict resolution/mediation
- Master’s Degree of Social Work
- Ability to work with people from various backgrounds and/or limited English capabilities
- Knowledge about community resources
- Experience connecting clients to resources
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.