Program Coordinator Benefits Advocacy Services SPA 4
Adult Services | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time | From $25.89 to $27.25 per hour
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOA - LA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
BENEFITS ADVOCACY SERVICES
Provides assistance to eligible homeless individuals and those at risk of homelessness (including Veterans) in applying for and obtaining Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) from the Social Security Administration, Cash Assistance Program for Immigrants (CAPI) from the Los Angeles County Department of Public Social Services (DPSS), and Veterans Affairs (VA) benefits from the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA). Provides targeted SSI advocacy to disabled incarcerated individuals in Los Angeles County Jail Facilities.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
The Program Coordinator provides experience-based competencies and administrative assistance to further the efforts of the Case Manager and Housing Specialist to fulfill the mission of VOALA: obtain stable housing and increase access to care for low income persons.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Achieve grant objectives by supervising the Case Manager and Housing Specialist, providing expertise, and implementing Quality Assurance systems, while providing information to the Director, highlighting progress in reaching goals.
- Coordinate day-to-day operations of case manager and housing specialist, overseeing intake, creation of service plans and housing stability plans for clients;
- Conducts weekly case conferencing and monthly case files audits to assure participant records are complete and accurate
- Monitor program compliance to VOALA policies and required procedures; maintains documentation of all program procedures
- Assist Director with implementing policies, procedures and forms that facilitate the effective operation of intensive case management and delivery of high-quality services; train and mentor staff
- Coordinate outreach and collaboration efforts with community partners and landlords
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- Valid California driver’s license, acceptable proof of automobile insurance, and/or reliable mode of transportation
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work (or related discipline) or a combination of relevant education and experience (4 years)
- 1 year of supervisory experience in a social services organization (leading programs, projects, or staff)
- Strong knowledge of case management ethics, HIPAA, Programmatic standards of operation and clinical engagement, clinical documentation methods, client focused ideology
- Basic Microsoft operating system navigation, outlook, word, excel, power-point, internet browser
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication,
- Deep understanding, ability to assess, and consult with team on participant acuity and appropriate levels of care through treatment team meetings.
- Ability to coach and mentor staff
- Client- focused, Prompt, collaborative/team player, ability to delegate, mentorship skills, effective stress management, leadership skills, conflict resolution/mediation
- Master’s Degree of Social Work
- Ability to work with people from various backgrounds and/or limited English capabilities
- Knowledge about community resources
- Experience connecting clients to resources
VOALA BENEFITS SUMMARY:
- Choice of 3 medical insurance plans
- Choice of 2 dental insurance plans (one plan for employee only; has no premium)
- Vision insurance plan
- Voluntary Supplemental Coverage
- Accidental Injury Coverage
- Hospital Care Coverage
- Critical Illness Coverage
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- 10 company paid holidays
- Company funded 401a retirement pension plan
- Optional employee contribution to 403b retirement savings plan
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Programs to maintain your health and well-being
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) – (No cost to employee and 100% confidential)
- Company funded Short-term Disability Insurance (STDI) Insurance
- Company funded Long-term Disability Insurance (LTD)
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify as required by the federal government and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.