Program Coordinator Adult Reentry Warm Handoff
Adult Services | Compton, CA | Full Time | From $25.89 to $27.25 per hour
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans’ services, homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
Adult Reentry Warm Handoff (ODR)
The Office of Diversion and Reentry (ODR) mission is “To develop and implement county wide criminal justice diversion for persons with mental and/or substance use disorders, including persons who are homeless.” VOALA provides Reentry Intensive Case Management Services (R-ICMS), the goal of which is to provide a comprehensive reentry case management support model that improves health outcomes and reduces the recidivism rate for Justice-Involved individuals. In coordination with the R-ICMS, and after solid linkages to appropriate community and other supportive re-entry services are achieved, VOALA ensures a warm handoff from R-ICMS services, to primary or behavioral health care, along with other supportive services needed by the client.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
The Program Coordinator I provides experience-based competencies and administrative assistance to further the Grant missions for VOALA: outreach, diversion, intake, assessment, trauma-informed case management, job development, SUD and housing assistance, and successful warm handoff from R-ICMS services, to primary or behavioral health care, along with other supportive services needed by the client
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Achieve grant objectives by coordinating the efforts of the Case Manager and other R-ICMS staff, providing expertise, and implementing Quality Assurance systems, while providing information to the Program Manager, highlighting progress in reaching goals.
- Coordinate day-to-day operations of R-ICMS staff, overseeing intake, creation of service plans and housing stability plans for clients, and effecting the warm handoff to healthcare and services required by the client.
- Conducts weekly case conferencing and monthly case files audits to assure participant records are complete and accurate
- Monitor program compliance to VOALA policies and required procedures; maintains documentation of all program procedures
- Assist Program Manager with implementing policies, procedures and forms that facilitate the effective operation of intensive case management and delivery of high-quality services; train and mentor staff
- Coordinate outreach and collaboration efforts with SCADP, other VOALA programs, community partners and landlords
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work (or related discipline) or a combination of relevant education and experience (4 years).
- 1 year of supervisory experience in a social services organization (leading programs, projects, or staff)
- Strong knowledge of case management ethics, HIPAA, Programmatic standards of operation and clinical engagement, clinical documentation methods, client focused ideology.
- Basic Microsoft operating system navigation, outlook, word, excel, power-point, internet browser.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication,
- Deep understanding, ability to assess, and consult with team on participant acuity and appropriate levels of care through treatment team meetings.
- Ability to coach and mentor staff
- Client- focused, Prompt, collaborative/team player, ability to delegate, mentorship skills, effective stress management, leadership skills, conflict resolution/mediation.
- Master of Social Work
- Ability to work with people from various backgrounds and/or limited English capabilities
- Knowledge about community resources
- Experience connecting clients to resources
VOALA BENEFITS SUMMARY:
- Choice of 3 medical insurance plans
- Choice of 2 dental insurance plans (one plan for employee only; has no premium)
- Vision insurance plan
- Voluntary Supplemental Coverage
- Accidental Injury Coverage
- Hospital Care Coverage
- Critical Illness Coverage
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- 10 company paid holidays
- Company funded 401a retirement pension plan
- Optional employee contribution to 403b retirement savings plan
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Programs to maintain your health and well-being
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) – (No cost to employee and 100% confidential)
- Company funded Short-term Disability Insurance (STDI) Insurance
- Company funded Long-term Disability Insurance (LTD)
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify as required by the federal government and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.